Public COVID-19 Screening by Community Labs
January 8, 2022
Metro Health announced three new, no-cost COVID-19 test sites at the Alamo Colleges District Support Operations Building, Palo Alto College and St. Philip’s College. Metro Health encourages individuals to get tested if they have symptoms of the coronavirus. The new test sites were contracted by the City of San Antonio to reduce wait times and add capacity in the region.
The test sites are operated by Community Labs and will be offered at the following locations and hours. No appointment is necessary. Testing is done on a walk-up basis only. Results will be provided within 24 hours.
- St. Philip’s College, Center for Learning Resources (CLR) Building, 1801 Martin Luther King Dr., 78203
- It opens Monday, January 10 at 8 a.m.
- Center for Learning Resources (CLR) Building - West Entrance
- Hours of operation Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
As a reminder, Metro Health stresses the importance of testing and what to do when you get tested.
- Consider using a self-test before joining indoor gatherings with others who are not in your household.
- A positive self-test result means that you have an infection and should avoid indoor gatherings to reduce the risk of spreading the disease to someone else.
- A negative self-test result means that you may not have an infection. Repeating the test with at least 24 hours between tests will increase the confidence that you are not infected.
- Ask your healthcare provider if you need help interpreting your test results.
Community Labs provides weekly PCR testing at more than 300 school campuses, representing 11 Bexar County school districts plus Laredo and San Marcos ISDs. Community Labs only utilizes PCR tests – the FDA gold standard – which detect all known variants and utilize a self-administered lower nasal swab. Community Labs' public testing locations will be walk-up only; no advance registration is required. Results will be returned within 24 hours.
For a complete list of testing sites and vaccine pop-up clinics, visit covid19.sanantonio.gov or call 311 and select option 8. Also, Metro Health’s Alamodome Drive-Thru Clinic is open from noon to 8 p.m. Wednesday-Friday. H-E-B vaccination incentive gift cards are still available.