Get started early with Dual Credit...
Earn college credits as a high school student! Start your journey early and experience the college atmosphere before graduating high school. Juniors and Seniors can take up to two college courses (6 to 8 credit hours)and Sophomores one college course (3 to 4 credit hours) for FREE, per fall and spring semester.
Dual Credit Requirements
- Must be at least a sophomore in high school and 16 years old
- Must have permission from high school and parent/guardian
- Must complete ApplyTexas online application (view steps)
- Must meet placement test score requirements
- Dual Credit also requires Home school notarized high school transcript.
- Apply online at ApplyTexas application. (view steps)
- Alamo ENROLL:
Alamo College - District Consent Form (attached)
Note: Home school students must have a notarized high school transcript.
Test Scores (ACT, SAT, STAAR, TSI)
Submit scores, forms, and transcripts to the Dual Credit Office. Failure to do so will delay registration by the dual credit staff.
- Complete the GO FAARR module for Dual Credit (must take quiz and printout confirmation sheet).
- Complete the Test Prep module for Dual Credit (*Note: must complete before taking the TSI Assessment).
The Dual Credit staff must enroll all students in any college courses.
The Testing Center is located in the Welcome Enrollment Center (WEC) building in Room 207B. For additional testing information, please contact the Testing Center at 210-486-2444.
- Student must have a banner student ID number.
- Student must have two forms of valid ID, one of which is a photo ID.
- Student must complete the ApplyTexas application to one of the Alamo Colleges.
- Student must complete GO FAARR and Test Prep modules
Find Your Banner and ACES User name ID:
(Back to the Top)
Additional Information & Forms
Alamo Colleges - District Consent Form
Dual Credit Verification Form 2016 - 2017
St. Philip's College Dual Credit Representative List of School
High School Programs Course Agreement
Biographical/ Residency Data Update Form
How to Request St. Philip's College Transcript - Please contact St. Philip's College Records Office
Core Residency Questions - This is only required of students who have mistakes on their Apply Texas application.