Ready to Work
The Alamo Colleges District is a proud partner of Ready to Work, an educational and job placement program to help San Antonio residents improve their quality of life.
Complete the form below for help getting started.
Fill out the form below to learn more about Alamo Colleges’ opportunities that best fit your immediate needs.
Don't delay. Call (210) 486-9675 or email dst-alamoRTW@alamo.edu today!
What is Ready to Work?
This one-of-a-kind program connects San Antonians to education and quality jobs – and, ultimately, well-paid careers that can sustain their families.
And we’ll be with you every step of the way. Your personal Ready to Work coach will:
- Get to know you and understand your specific situation
- Provide guidance and resources throughout the process
- Guide you through career and education exploration and planning
- Help you enroll in approved courses
- Connect you with tuition assistance and funds for urgent needs
- Help you secure and retain a well-paid job
Interested in seeing all the training programs available?
Who is eligible for Ready to Work?
- San Antonio resident – Check your residency »
- 18 years or older when applying for the program
- Permitted to work in the US
- Annual household income is less than 250% of the federal poverty guidelines »
- Willing to take assessments related to barriers, academics, skills aptitude, and workplace readiness
- Committed to completing the program
Note: Eligibility will be verified during the application process.
Updated January 2023
Your journey begins with step one – Get Info
Get More Information
Fill out an interest form today to learn more about the Alamo – Ready to Work program.
Email us at email@example.com
Visit a Center
Westside Education & Training Center
Eastside Education and Training Center
We’ll coach you from application to enrollment, on through job placement and long-term success.
Find a path that’s right for you.
Ready to Work offers a variety of programs to fit your interests, skills and goals.
|High School Equivalency
Earning a high school diploma or a GED will open many doors. Once you’ve earned it, you can continue in another Ready to Work program to take your future to the next level.
Increase your earning potential and improve your resume by earning a certificate in a high-wage, high-demand field, including technology, healthcare, construction, business and more.
Expand your employment opportunities with just 60 college credit hours needed to earn your first college credential – an associate degree.
If you’ve already earned 60 college credit hours, Ready to Work can help you complete your Bachelor’s degree.
Connecting you with training programs at the Alamo Colleges – and beyond.
The Alamo Colleges District’s team can connect you with any Ready to Work affiliated training program. The Alamo Colleges is home to over dozens of approved training programs, so you might just find your next step here!
The Alamo Colleges District is a proud partner of the City of San Antonio’s Ready to Work Program.