Meet now with a faculty advisor or counselor and select a specific degree plan or academic/career goal. Note: Counselors are located in the basement of Moody Learning Center.
DEADLINE to apply for Spring 2014:
March 15, 2014
The first step to apply for graduation is to apply online through ACES early in the semester the student plans to graduate. After applying online, the student must meet with a counselor or faculty adviser to complete a graduation packet (to include a current degree audit).
|DO YOU HAVE 30 COLLEGE LEVEL HOURS OR MORE?
GET YOUR DEGREE AUDIT!
Meet with a counselor or faculty adviser to get a degree audit at least one semester prior to anticipated graduation. Students should apply for graduation the semester they plan to complete requirements for their degree or certificate.
Students with a specific major should visit with faculty advisers in the department of their major. Students who are undecided or Liberal Arts majors should visit a counselor or adviser in the Counseling Center. You can also reach the online counselors during regular business hours by going to the website for Online advising. http://www.alamo.edu/sac/OnlineAdvising2/.
Take the completed graduation application to a counselor (for general AA or AS degrees) or to the department of your major to complete the graduation package.
Step 1 – Submit online graduation application through the Student Tab in ACES.
Step 2 – Download graduation application.
See detailed instructions on applying for graduation at the Commencement information page.
Submit your graduation application through a counselor or a faculty advisor in the department of your major. The graduation ceremony is held in May but your diploma will be mailed out after the end of the semester for which you are applying and after verification of completion of all degree requirements.
To qualify for a degree or certificate, a student must demonstrate satisfactory completion of coursework as well as:
1. Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in all coursework taken at San Antonio College, including courses successfully completed at other institutions which apply to the student's degree;
2. Complete all required courses for the degree or certificate;
3. Must be in "Good Academic Standing" at the end of his or her final semester in order to graduate from the College;
4. A student who is subject to the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) must be completed in all applicable areas;
5. Must have completed a minimum of 25% of coursework at San Antonio College.
6. Must submit an official transcript from all colleges attended.
7. Apply online by the deadline for the semester by logging into your ACES account under Student Records and submit a Graduation Package you receive from the department of your major or counselor (for nonspecific majors in an AA or AS). The first page of the graduation package is available here, SAC Graduation Application.
8. You will receive an e-mail (ACES account) once the Graduation Package has been received in Admissions.
For status of your graduation application or the graduation ceremony: Admissions Office, 210-486-0200.
For graduation advising for declared majors: contact the faculty advisor in the department of your major. (See SAC List of departments )
For graduation advising for Liberal Arts majors: visit with a counselor in the Counseling Center or an online counselor by going to the following website: Online advising. For more information, contact 210-486-0869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an advising session with an online counselor.