|What is the Early Childhood Studies program?
Early Childhood Studies programs prepares students for early childhood, early care and education professions.
Students will explore their understanding of:
- promoting child development and learning from birth through age 8
- observing, documenting, and assessing to support young children and families
- using developmentally effective approaches with young children
- using content knowledge to build meaningful early childhood curriculum
- becoming a professional in the field of early childhood
In addition, students will have multiple opportunities to observe and practice in at least two of three early childhood age groups (toddler and preschool).
Students will learn to have excellence in all facets of the early childhood classroom, current in early childhood education research, be advocaties for children at the home, in the employment, in the community and at the national level.
|What can I do with this course of study?
A variety of opportunities exist for those who choose such a career:
- early childhood teacher
- early care and education director
- early care and education specialist
- teacher assistant
Students are recognized and sought out by local industry and higher education programs.
|What's special about this program?
The Department of Early Childhood Studies was he first community college department in the state to have the Associate of Applied Science (AAS) nationally accredited by the National Association of the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation (ECADA) program. www.naeyc.org/ecada
Follow Early Childhood Studies on Facebook!
View student and department videos on our YouTube Channel!
|Early Childhood Care and Education
This application is open to the Community to download, but you have to be a San Antonio College student to apply.
Do you need child care to graduate from college? All students can apply, but slots do fill up!
All students have to reapply to Fall (even if you are returning from summer).