Center for Distance Learning (SLC) 212.
Center for Distance Learning provides support for students taking online and hybrid classes. We offer face-to-face and online overviews on Instructure Canvas. An open computer lab is provided for students to access their classes. We also assist students with technical questions. In order for us to improve our services, please click on the student survey below.
Student Resources To Free Online Learning
"NEW" Information for Students
The Alamo Colleges is using Instructure Canvas (LMS) as its standard platform for delivery of online, hybrid, and web-enhanced classes. To get a successful start with your online classes, we recommend that you attend a one hour training overview or access an online overview. The overview sessions will include how to use the Canvas tools. Faculty information on Canvas go to Instructional Innovation.
Check Your Computer
For more information go to Canvas Browser Check.
ON-LINE ~ Student Canvas Overviews
Enroll in a FREE CANVAS OVERVIEW
* Students can self-register (PDF Steps) (Video Steps)
* CRN# 18893: OLRN 0001 - Open now until May 2015
* CRN# 20359: OLRN 0001 - Open now until May 2015
* CRN# 22826: OLRN 0001 - Flex II starts March - May 2015
FACE-TO-FACE ~ Student Canvas Overviews
|Sutton Learning Center (SLC) 213
| Note: Schedule is subject to change.
Classes are also available by appointment.
Virtual ~ Student Canvas Overview
Attend a virtual Canvas Overview from anywhere with Blackboard Collaborate.
* Preview setup connections and make sure your are connected prior to class. PDF
* You must have an adequate connection speed and speakers. Microphone is optional.
* Please self-register with steps above.
VIRTUAL CLASSES ARE AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT.
For questions on the Canvas Overview, call (210) 486-2239, email email@example.com or stop by SLC 212.
Luis A. Lopez
Director of Instructional & Professional Development