The Phoenix Program is designed to give you the academic and technical skills required for the 21st Century, during your senior year in high school.
Why enroll in The Phoenix Program?
- Complete your Diploma
- Earn College Credit
- Create and build real-world hands-on projects
- Explore career opportunities
- Participate in job shadowing
- Free for SAISD Students
- Books, Tools, Bus pass provided
Did I mention you get college credit while attending St. Philip's College Southwest Campus!
Commercial Transportation explores:
- Aviation Mechanics
- Diesel Mechanics
- Heavy Equipment
Allied Construction provides job-specific skills for:
- Residential and Commercial Carpentry
- Refrigeration Technology
Manufacturing technology provides students with hands-on exploration in:
- Collision Technology
- Machine Technology
- Sheet Metal
Hospitality provides workplace experience in:
- Culinary Arts
- Hotel/Restaurant Management
- Meet college entry requirements to participate in college level programs
- Be a junior by the fall of the school year
- Be willing to attend school at St. Philip's College Southwest Campus
- Be enrolled in an SAISD school
Students may also participate in the Alamo Area Aerospace Academy, Information Technology Academy or the Advanced Technology and Manufacturing Academy.
Students, interested in participating in the Phoenix Program, should consult the program counselor 210-486-7132 or 210-486-7041.
The Phoenix Program is a joint education partnership formed during the Spring of 1997 between San Antonio Independent School District, Alamo Colleges-St. Philip's College, and the business community.