PAC Cares FAQs

When do I file an Incident Reporting Form?

Anytime you are worried about the behavior of a student, are concerned a student code of conduct violation has taken place, academic or non-academic misconduct, or are worried a potential Title IX issue has occurred. If you see something, tell someone. It is the Student Conduct Officer/Student Advocate’s job to review and assess all reports that come in.

If it is an emergency and you fear for your safety or the safety of others please call Alamo Colleges Police Department 210-485-0911

Who can I contact if I have more questions?

Tyler Alyse Archer, Student Conduct Officer,, 210-486-3755

Can I take back a report after it is submitted?

Once a report is in the system we are obligated to review it and investigate if necessary. If the report is found to be false or unfounded then it will be archived and the reporter will be notified

Can I follow up on a report that was submitted?

A confirmation of receipt will be sent after a report is received stating that it will be investigated and addressed.

If a conduct violation is found from a report, after the student against whom the report was filed is notified, the complainant will be notified in writing that his/her complaint or allegations of non-academic misconduct have been investigated, and of the disciplinary sanctions imposed on the student who was found responsible.

If an issue is SOBI the initial receipt notification will contain the information that will be shared with students.

If a Title IX complaint is reported the complainant and the alleged will be notified concurrently of the result.

What happens after a report is filed?

The Student Conduct Officer will review the report to determine if it falls under Student Conduct, SOBI or Title IX. All three processes begin the same way with interviews of complainant, alleged and witnesses.

What happens if it is alleged that I violated the Student Code of Conduct?

You will be sent an email to your Alamo Colleges email address stating the conduct that was reported, violations alleged and your appointment time.

If you fail to respond or do not show up for your scheduled appointment the conduct process will continue without your input and you could be found in additional violation of Obstruction of Disciplinary Process.

For more information on this process please see Board Policy F.4.2.1.

What happens if it is determined the issue is a SOBI?

Resources will be shared with the involved parties including but not limited to a referral to the Personal Counselor on campus, academic advisors, Alamo Colleges Police Department, any/or Community Resources.

What happens if it is decided the issue is Title IX?

The process for handling Title IX issues resides with the Vice President of Student Services. Additional information is available regarding Title IX and FAQs.

When was I given a copy of the Student Code of Conduct?

In your Apply Texas application you acknowledge receipt of and that you will follow the Student Code of Conduct. The Student Code of Conduct is available at the links above but also in the Palo Alto College Student Handbook.

Can I appeal a Student Conduct decision?

Yes. You have 5 business days after receipt of your outcome letter to submit in writing to Vice President of Student Services, Mr. Gilbert Becerra the nature of your appeal. The letter must state if you appeal the findings, the sanctions, or both, and the grounds for the appeal. After the appeal request is received an appeal hearing or meeting will be scheduled.

I’m afraid to report an issue, what if the person I’m reporting finds out?

Retaliation against any individual who reports or participates in the investigation of alleged violations is strictly prohibited. This will be enforced by college administration. If you feel you are being retaliated against because of your participation please let Tyler Alyse Archer, Student Conduct Officer know immediately. 210-486-3755

If you feel unsafe or need a police escort call Alamo College Police Department (non-emergency) 210-485-0099 (on-campus emergency) 210-485-0911