Palo Alto College Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to assisting the campus community throughout the transition to remote learning, teaching, and working.
ACES & Technical Support
Palo Alto College Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
Alamo Colleges Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
I don’t have access to technology equipment. How can I request to borrow equipment for working remotely?
Laptop and Wi-Fi hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis (by appointment only). Requests may be submitted Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.–5 p.m., by completing the following steps:
- Call PAC ITS at 210-486-3777 (select option 1).
- ITS will verify student eligibility.
- Contactless pickup appointment will be scheduled.
- ITS will provide a brief overview of the equipment, share helpful resources, and address any questions the student might have.
What are the eligibility requirements for loaner equipment?
- Must be enrolled in the current term and provide two forms of identification (student ID and state ID)
- Must be PAC home student
- Equipment is loaned on a term-by-term basis and must be returned at the end of term
- If Wi-Fi hotspot is requested, student must attest that they do not currently have access to high-speed internet connectivity
Where can I pick up requested equipment?
- To help ensure the safety or students and employees, equipment will be distributed through contactless pickup outside the Ozuna Library and Learning Center.
On-campus Wi-Fi hotspot
To help ensure the campus community has the access they need for remote learning, teaching, and working, Palo Alto College has designated parking lot 11 as a Wi-Fi hotspot for students to access campus Wi-Fi. Everyone is encouraged to stay in vehicles and practice social distancing. View Wi-Fi hotspot map
Free or low-cost internet
Programs are available to bridge the digital divide by providing students free or low-cost internet service. Learn more
What is VPN, and who needs it?
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secure connection for employees to access Alamo Colleges servers when you are not on campus or district offices.
- VPN is required for services such as Share Drive Access, Banner Access, Ad-Astra Access, and Remote Desktop.
- You will not need VPN to access ACES, Canvas, AlamoShare, Outlook, or Zoom.
I need VPN access. What do I do?
- All employees have been granted access to VPN. However, the installation of the VPN application requires assistance from ITS.
- Contact ITS to have the VPN application installed and configured on your computer.
- Personal equipment must be reviewed by ITS prior to connection to Alamo Colleges VPN.
Start Smart with Remote Ready Boot Camp
- To prepare for remote learning, students are encouraged to take the one-hour Remote Ready Boot Camp (RRBC) training in Canvas.
- Click on Canvas in ACES, scroll down in your dashboard until you see your college’s name and Remote Ready Book Camp.
- It will help you to watch this video on RRBC.
What is the Remote Employee Toolkit, and where can I find it?
- Access the Remote Employee Toolkit at alamo.edu/remotetoolkit for resources to help your transition, such as:
- VPN instructions
- IT Services
- Telephone guides
- Employee directory
- And more