The Palo Alto College Information Technology Services (ITS) department is committed to providing quality technology resources and support to students, faculty, staff, and the college community.
ACES & Technical Support
Palo Alto College Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
Alamo Colleges Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
Free or low-cost internet and devices
Programs are available to bridge the digital divide by providing students free or low-cost internet service.
|Low-Cost Internet and Devices|
The Academic Learning Studio (Ozuna 150) computers and student printing services (GoPrint) are available Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m
The Academic Learning Studio is available for Appointments and Reservations. To schedule an appointment, call the PAC Information Technology Services Help Desk at 210-486-3777 (select option 1).
I don’t have access to technology equipment. How can I request to borrow equipment for working remotely?
Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis (by appointment or walk-in). Requests may be submitted Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.–5 p.m., by completing the following steps:
- Call PAC ITS at 210-486-3777 (select option 1).
- ITS will verify student eligibility.
- Pickup appointment will be scheduled.
- ITS will provide a brief overview of the equipment, share helpful resources, and address any questions the student might have.
What are the eligibility requirements for loaner equipment?
- Must be enrolled in the current term and provide two forms of identification (student ID and state ID)
- Must be PAC home student
- Equipment is loaned on a term-by-term basis and must be returned at the end of term
Where can I pick up requested equipment?
- All loaner laptops will be available for pickup in the Academic Learning Studio in the Ozuna Library and Learning Center, Room 150.
On-campus Wi-Fi hotspot
To help ensure the campus community has the access they need for remote learning, teaching, and working, Palo Alto College has designated parking lots 1 and 2 (north of Palomino Center) and lot 11 (north of Ozuna) as hotspots for students to access campus Wi-Fi. Everyone is encouraged to stay in their vehicles and practice social distancing. View Wi-Fi hotspot map
Start Smart with Remote Ready Boot Camp
- To prepare for remote learning, students are encouraged to take the one-hour Remote Ready Boot Camp (RRBC) training in Canvas.
- Click on Canvas in ACES, scroll down in your dashboard until you see your college’s name and Remote Ready Book Camp.
- It will help you to watch this video on RRBC.
Additional Help guides and knowledgebase support are available on Alamo Colleges Screen Steps Live.
What is VPN, and who needs it?
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secure connection for employees to access Alamo Colleges servers when you are not on campus or district offices.
- VPN is required for services such as Share Drive Access, Banner Access, Ad-Astra Access, and Remote Desktop.
- You will not need VPN to access ACES, Canvas, AlamoShare, Outlook, Zoom, or Microsoft Teams.
I need VPN access. What do I do?
- Employees who need to access Alamo Colleges resources while off-site must submit a completed Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Virtual Private Network (VPN) Access Request Form.
- MFA VPN forms must be submitted through the FootPrintes ticketing system.
- Contact the PAC ITS helpdesk to have the VPN application installed and configured on your computer.