Palo Alto College Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to assisting the campus community throughout the transition to remote learning, teaching, and working.
ACES & Technical Support
Palo Alto College Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
Alamo Colleges Helpdesk
Hours of Operation
I don’t have access to technology equipment. How can I request to borrow equipment for working remotely?
Laptop and Wi-Fi hotspots are available on a first-come, first-served basis (by appointment only). Requests may be submitted Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.–5 p.m., by completing the following steps:
- Call PAC ITS at 210-486-3777 (select option 1).
- ITS will verify student eligibility.
- Contactless pickup appointment will be scheduled.
- ITS will provide a brief overview of the equipment, share helpful resources, and address any questions the student might have.
What are the eligibility requirements for loaner equipment?
- Must be enrolled in the current term and provide two forms of identification (student ID and state ID)
- Must be PAC home student
- Equipment is loaned on a term-by-term basis and must be returned at the end of term
- If Wi-Fi hotspot is requested, student must attest that they do not currently have access to high-speed internet connectivity
Where can I pick up requested equipment?
- To help ensure the safety or students and employees, equipment will be distributed through contactless pickup outside the Ozuna Library and Learning Center.
The Academic Learning Studio (Ozuna 150) computers and student printing serices (GoPrint) are available Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., and Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. by appointment only. Beginning Feb. 7, no appointment will be required to access the ALS.
Occupancy limitations and social distancing will be strictly enforced. Sanitation and disinfection of all equipment will be completed between each use.
To schedule an appointment, call the PAC Information Technology Services Help Desk at 210-486-3777 (select option 1).
For the latest information about on-campus resources, visit the Return to Campus Plan webpage.
On-campus Wi-Fi hotspot
To help ensure the campus community has the access they need for remote learning, teaching, and working, Palo Alto College has designated parking lots 1 and 2 (north of Palomino Center) and lot 11 (north of Ozuna) as hotspots for students to access campus Wi-Fi. Everyone is encouraged to stay in their vehicles and practice social distancing. View Wi-Fi hotspot map
Free or low-cost internet
Programs are available to bridge the digital divide by providing students free or low-cost internet service. Learn more
What is VPN, and who needs it?
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a secure connection for employees to access Alamo Colleges servers when you are not on campus or district offices.
- VPN is required for services such as Share Drive Access, Banner Access, Ad-Astra Access, and Remote Desktop.
- You will not need VPN to access ACES, Canvas, AlamoShare, Outlook, or Zoom.
I need VPN access. What do I do?
- All employees have been granted access to VPN. However, the installation of the VPN application requires assistance from ITS.
- Contact ITS to have the VPN application installed and configured on your computer.
- Personal equipment must be reviewed by ITS prior to connection to Alamo Colleges VPN.
Start Smart with Remote Ready Boot Camp
- To prepare for remote learning, students are encouraged to take the one-hour Remote Ready Boot Camp (RRBC) training in Canvas.
- Click on Canvas in ACES, scroll down in your dashboard until you see your college’s name and Remote Ready Book Camp.
- It will help you to watch this video on RRBC.
What is the Remote Employee Toolkit, and where can I find it?
- Access the Remote Employee Toolkit at alamo.edu/remotetoolkit for resources to help your transition, such as:
- VPN instructions
- IT Services
- Telephone guides
- Employee directory
- And more