The Office of Veterans Affairs assists all eligible veteran students obtain financial assistance and information on Veterans Benefits while they attend Palo Alto College. The college participates in educational programs provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs. These programs include:
- VA Benefits and Health Care (To begin process, click here.)
Breakdown of Benefits and Eligibility
- Chapter 30 - Montgomery G.I. Bill Active Duty Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation Program
- Chapter 33 - Post-911 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2009
- Chapter 35 - Survivors and Dependent Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 1606 - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Hazlewood Exemption
Note: Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 veterans must verify at the end of every month with the VA in order to receive a payment on a timely basis.
The Office of Veterans Affairs also assists Texas veterans in obtaining the Hazlewood Act. This program exempts the qualified individual from payment of all tuition and most fees.
Students taking courses at multiple campus (on-campus and on-line) and using their Hazlewood Exemption benefits, must complete the payment process at their home campus.
Vince Bosquez, Senior Coordinator for Veterans Affairs
Flor Arambula, Certified Advisor
Eloisa Cordova, Certified Advisor
Laurie Medina, Senior Advisor/Certifying Official