Aquatic and Athletic Center
The Aquatic and Athletic Center is currently closed.
The facility was awarded $19 million for major repairs and renovations. It it tentatively set to reopen in 2022.
Throughout the closure, the Aquatic and Athletic Center will be offering alternative health and wellness programming such as Zumba, Wellness Classes, and various recreation opportunities as part of the PAC Wellness Series. These events and classes are open to students, staff, faculty, and community, and free of charge. For more information, please visit the Campus Recreation page.
The Aquatic Center at Palo Alto College is located in south San Antonio at the intersection of Loop 410 South and State Highway 16 (Palo Alto Road), just east of Interstate 35 South. Open since 1992, the facility is a joint effort with the City of San Antonio to bring a one-of-a-kind swimming facility to San Antonio.
Our Aquatic Center includes a variety of unique features that have allowed us to host a number of high caliber competitions, including the US Open, USA Swimming Junior Olympics, U.S. Olympic Festival, and several NCAA Championships.
- 76-meter "stretch" pool—warm-up/diving pool attached to a 50-meter competition pool
- Moveable bulkheads to allow multiple configurations in short course yards and long/short course meters
- Competitive areas have a minimum depth of 7.5 feet
- State-of-the-art DAKTRONICS timing system/scoreboard
- Two (2) one-meter and two (2) three-meter diving boards plus platforms at 5.0, 7.5, and 10.0-meters above a 4.87-meter plummet
- On-deck, stadium type seating for up to 1600 spectators (depending on the course being contested)
- Wide variety of shallow training and instructional areas
- Handicapped-accessible swimming lift
- Built-in seating and starting blocks
- Real-time results posted on the web
The athletic fields can be used by students, faculty and staff when reserved in advance with the Athletic Center Main Office. Our fields are a great place to host your company work games or team practices for:
For more information, contact Edward Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-486-3800.