Transfer advising provides the educational road map for successful transfer from Palo Alto College to the four-year university. Transfer advising on campus includes:
- Recruiter Visitation Schedules with dates when university representatives visit to answer questions and provide admissions information
- Transfer Fair each semester with over 30 universities providing admissions and program information
- Education Express field trip visits to four-year universities
- Transfer-themed workshops providing insights for a successful transfer;
- Transfer Advising Guides (formerly called 2+2 Plans) providing information on courses to complete prior to transfer to the university.
Some universities use the term “transfer advising guide” and some use “2+2” but both terms refer to a degree plan that lists the courses you take at Palo Alto College before transferring. Students should use the transfer advising guides to determine what courses to take at Palo Alto College, as these plans list the requirements within each degree.
Transfer advising guidesn can be accessed here.
Palo Alto College and the University of Incarnate Word have created a joint admissions agreement (JAA). The JAA requires students to follow a specific degree plan. Please visit with a certified academic advisor to learn more or click here.
Not sure if classes will transfer to another college or university? Course equivalencies for Texas universities statewide can be found by using the Texas Common Course Numbering System which provides course equivalencies between Palo Alto College and numerous Texas universities. For assistance using the website, please make an appointment with a certified academic advisor.
University recruiters and advisors visit Palo Alto College throughout the year to answer questions regarding admissions requirements, course transfer guidelines, programs available and other university requirements. Stop by the SEED Advising Center (Palomino Center Annex) for a copy of the Recruiter Visitation Schedule.
BOLD Advising Center (PC 200)
STEM Advising Center (PC 114)