Transfer advising provides the educational road map for successful transfer from Palo Alto College to the four-year university. Transfer advising on campus includes:

  • Recruiter Visitation Schedules with dates when university representatives visit to answer questions and provide admissions information
  • Annual Transfer Fair (fall semester) when over 25 universities provide admissions information
  • Education Express field trip visits to four-year universities
  • Transfer-themed workshops providing insights for a successful transfer;
  • Transfer Guides (formerly called 2+2 Plans) providing information on courses to complete prior to transfer to the university. 
Transfer Plans

Some of the university Transfer Plans include:

  • Our Lady of the Lake University
  • St. Mary’s University
  • Sam Houston State University
  • Texas A&M University at College Station
  • Texas A&M University-San Antonio
  • Texas State University-San Marcos
  • University of Texas at Austin
  • University of Texas at San Antonio
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
  • University of Northern Iowa
  • University of the Incarnate Word
  • University applications and catalogs with specific information on admissions deadlines and academic program descriptions
  • Transfer scholarship information for the four-year universities 
Transfer Advising Guides

Some universities use the term “transfer advising guide” and some use “2+2” but both terms refer to a degree plan that lists the courses you take at Palo Alto College before transferring. Students should use the transfer guides to determine what courses to take at Palo Alto College, as these plans list the requirements within each degree. 

Transfer advising guides and university transfer information can be accessed here. In addition, the Alamo Colleges District lists all current Articulation Agreements with transfer universities here

Joint Admissions Agreement

Palo Alto College and the University of Incarnate Word have created a joint admissions agreement (JAA). The JAA requires students to follow a specific degree plan. Please visit with a certified academic advisor to learn more.

Determining How Courses Will Transfer

Not sure if classes will transfer to another college or university? Course equivalencies for Texas universities statewide can be found by using the Texas Common Course Numbering System which provides course equivalencies between Palo Alto College and numerous Texas universities. For assistance using the website, please make an appointment with a certified academic advisor.

Recruiter Visitation Schedule

University recruiters and advisors visit Palo Alto College throughout the year to answer questions regarding admissions requirements, course transfer guidelines, programs available and other university requirements. Stop by the SEED Advising Center (Palomino Center Annex) for a copy of the Recruiter Visitation Schedule.

Contact Information:

SEED Advising Center (PC 200)

BOLD Advising Center (PC 200)

STEM Advising Center (PC 114)