Tuition and Fee Policy Updated per the March 26, 2013 Alamo Colleges Board Meeting
Effective fall 2013, all students (Public, Home, or Private Schooled) will no longer be charged $80.00 per credit hour for courses taken on the college campus for dual credit purposes. Tuition and fees will be waived each fall and spring term per the student's college hour course load. Junior and senior students can take two courses up to eight college credit hours per term and exceptional sophomore students can take one course up to four college credit hours per term. All course methods apply; face to face, internet, distance learning.
Students are still responsible for meeting all dual credit policies and admission requirements. Please contact our Dual Credit Office for more information and guidance with the admission process at 210.486.4260 and/or seek guidance from your high school dual credit liaison. For detailed information on the policy change, please contact Dr. JoCarol Fabianke, Vice Chancellor of Academic Success, at email@example.com.
Back to Top
Parent/Student Dual Credit Presentation
2014-2015 Parent/Student Dual Credit Presentation
Back to Top
The 2014-2015 Dual Credit Admission Requirements and Deadlines
All Students (Public, Private/Charter, Home Schooled)
- All first time students will complete the admission process for the 2014-2015 Dual Credit Program through AlamoENROLL. To get started go to http://www.alamo.edu/AlamoENROLL/ and click on Applying for Dual Credit listed under Future Students.
- Follow the Ready, Set, Apply Dual Credit Fall 2014 link for guidance with the Apply Texas Application and admission requirements for the program
- The Fall 2014 Enrollment Checklist will provide additional insight and helpful links to complete the admission requirements
NOTE: Test results must be submitted through the appropriate vendor to the NVC Assessment Office, by the posted deadlines. For example: SAT scores reports should come from College Board to the NVC Assessment Office. Please make requests in advance to ensure you meet the submission deadlines.
- All Public and Private/Charter Schooled Students:
- Each high school has a timeline in which you are to complete the admission process and submit your paperwork to them. Please seek your timeline from your High School Dual Credit Liaison. Eligibility into the program is determined off a complete application packet and qualifying test scores.
- Returning students: There is a possibility you may need to re-apply and/or take the TSI Assessment for the 2014-2015 program, if you did not register for and/or dropped courses during the fall 2013 or spring 2014 semester. Please seek guidance from your High School Dual Credit Liaison.
- All Home School Students:
- Julie Boerm is your NVC Dual Credit contact. Ms. Boerm will assist you with general questions, the admission process, and the registration process.
- Please keep in mind, the dual credit staff are often off-site. Therefore, it is in your best interest to make an appointment with Ms. Boerm at least two days in advance. If she is not able to meet with you on the day/time selected, we will see if another member of the dual credit team can. We would like to guarantee a member of the dual credit staff is available to meet with you. Walk-ins are not advisable.
- Returning students: There is a possibility you may need to re-apply and/or take the TSI Assessment for the 2014-2015 program, if you did not register for and/or dropped courses during the fall 2013 or spring 2014 semester. Ms. Boerm can assist you with determining the need to re-apply and test.
- Eligibility into the program is determined off a complete application packet and qualifying test scores. Please submit all application packet requirements to Ms. Boerm in MZH 204L.
- February 14th - Ready, Set, Apply for fall 2014
- April 22nd - Submit all application packet requirements and initial test score results
- June 10th - Submit five CRNs per subject, in the order of your preference, to Ms. Boerm via email. Registration will be completed per your preferences and available courses
- June 12th - Submit all re-test score results, if necessary
Back to Top