2014-2015 Dual Credit Admission Deadlines - Coming Soon
Tuition and Fee Policy Updated per the March 26, 2013 Alamo Colleges Board Meeting
Effective fall 2013, all students (Public, Home, or Private Schooled) will no longer be charged $80.00 per credit hour for courses taken on the college campus for dual credit purposes. Tuition and fees will be waived each fall and spring term per the student's college hour course load. Junior and senior students can take two courses up to eight college credit hours per term and exceptional sophomore students can take one course up to four college credit hours per term. All course methods apply; face to face, internet, distance learning.
Students are still responsible for meeting all dual credit policies and admission requirements. Please contact our Dual Credit Office for more information and guidance with the admission process at 210.486.4260 and/or seek guidance from your high school dual credit liaison. For detailed information on the policy change, please contact Dr. JoCarol Fabianke, Vice Chancellor of Academic Success, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top
Parent/Student Dual Credit Presentation
The Student Presentation is currently being revised.
Back to Top
The 2013-2014 Dual Credit Admission Requirements and Deadlines
All Students (Public, Private/Charter, Home Schooled)
The Fall 2013 Apply Texas Application deadline was February 15, 2013. Any application submitted after this date will not be considered for Dual Credit admission.
- Students who applied and met all admission deadlines for the fall 2013 term but did not register for fall courses and are interested in attending during the spring 2014 term; will be required to re-apply for consideration into the program.
- All students will be required to complete AlamoENROLL prior to the October 21st deadline for spring (AlamoENROLL is currently under construction for the dual credit students.)
- There are three modules in AlamoENROLL offered to dual credit students
- Ready, Set, Apply - Mandatory
- Go FAARR - Mandatory
- Test Prep - Mandatory for all Home School, dual credit students (Public, Private, Charter students: Please confirm with your high school dual credit liaison to determine you should complete the test prep requirement through AlamoENROLL or through the program your high school might offer.)
- Effective the first day of class of the Fall 2013 term, an institution of higher education will utilize the TSI Assessment as mandated by The Higher Education Coordinating Board. Any previously-employed assessments (Accuplacer, Compass, THEA, Assest, Compass ESL, ACCUPLACER ESL) can no longer be used.
- Therefore, students who did not register for any dual credit courses during the fall 2013 term per their eligibility status off an ACCUPLACER or THEA assessment will be required to take the TSI Assessment for spring 2014 enrollment.
- For more information on the TSI Assessment and policy, click here
All Public and Private/Charter Schooled Students
Each high school has a timeline in which you are to complete the admission process and submit your paperwork to them. Please seek your timeline from your High School Dual Credit Liaison. Eligibility into the program is determined off a complete application packet and qualifying test scores.
All Home School Students
Contact Julie Boerm for your timeline. Eligibility into the program is determined off a complete application packet and qualifying test scores.
Back to Top