TRiO Upward Bound - Math and Science
The Upward Bound Math and Science Project at Palo Alto College is a free program for East Central High School students who are interested in STEM careers! UBMS provides up to 60 students per year with academic instruction, tutoring and advising; information on financial aid programs; assistance in completing financial aid applications; financial literacy; and support for applying for college enrollment. Participants will be provided support for their diverse academic and non-cognitive needs to ensure that they persist, succeed, and graduate from high school completing a rigorous secondary school program of study, enroll in college, and graduate with a college degree.
Program benefits include:
- Opportunity to conduct research with faculty who are mathematicians and scientists in the field
- Strengthen math and science skills
- Guidance through the college enrollment process
- Academic instruction in English, Science, Math, Foreign Language
- Dual Credit enrollment assistance
- College and career exploration
To be eligible to join:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Be an East Central High School student in grades 9-12
- First generation college student and meet federal income guidelines
The program is funded through the United States Department of Education.