A St. Philip's College employee tradition is to support the Annual SPC Employee Giving Campaign. During this campaign, employees are encouraged to pledge funds towards:
- St. Philip's College Scholarships,
- Alamo Colleges Scholarships, and
- The United Way and their partner agencies.
St. Philip's College strives to increase private donations from individuals and foundations to provide needed programs and scholarships for students and support community organizations. Please help us reach our goal! We are asking employees to participate in the SPC Employee Giving Campaign at a level that will help us reach 100% employee participation.
Log on via your ACES Account to Give Back
Once you log in to your ACES account, go to the “Employee” tab and click on the image for Alamo GIVES BACK to log in via the pledge portal.
You will also need to know the giving codes that will identify the funds and/or United Way partner agencies you desire to donate to.
Thank you for giving!
If you have any questions or need further information, don't hesitate to get in touch with Bryan Chase, SPC United Way Employee Campaign Manager at 210-486-2387 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Your generous support of this year's Alamo Colleges Employees Giving Back means that deserving students with genuine needs will have access to a life-changing education provided by the Alamo Colleges Foundation Funds. Many essential community-based social services will be made possible by United Way of San Antonio and its partner agencies. These services will touch and transform countless lives in the months and years to come. You make this success possible and we thank you!
Employee Giving FAQs
The Campaign, now called Alamo GIVES BACK, invites all Alamo Colleges employees to consider an annual philanthropic gift to support our students, programs, and the local community we serve. Giving is a personal decision and participation is voluntary.
Each fall, Alamo GIVES BACK begins with Convocation and lasts for several weeks. For 2022, the campaign timeline is September 1 – October 31.
There are two main areas of support:
- Student scholarships, student advocacy centers, college programs, AlamoPROMISE and emergency assistance through the Alamo Colleges Foundation. There are dozens of funds to choose from, including districtwide and college-specific options.
- Vital services to San Antonio and Bexar County’s families, children, students, and individuals through United Way impact and community partner agencies. There are over 60 partner agencies.
Visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback to download the PDF of all giving options. You can also find the name and contact information for the campaign lead(s) at your campus or through the Alamo Colleges Foundation.
Yes! All gifts received in the Employee Giving Campaign support local cause(s) and people in our community.
100% of your gift goes directly to the cause(s) you select!
While there are many important charities, the options selected for the Employee Giving Campaign align closely with the mission of the Alamo Colleges District—to “empower our diverse communities for success.” These options are focused on education and a fostering sustainable quality of life for all within our community.
Gifts may be made in one of four ways. To download a pledge form, visit alamo.edu/alamogivesback.
- Cash – submit with a pledge form and give directly to a campaign lead at your campus
- Check – submit with a pledge form and give to a campaign lead or mail the check and form to the Alamo Colleges Foundation (address on form)
- Credit card – log in to United Way’s giving portal (accessible via ACES - Employee Tab)
- Payroll deduction (PRD) – Complete a pledge form or by login via ACES - Employee Tab and click on the Alamo Gives Back box to customize your gift.
We partner each year with United Way, who serves as the clearinghouse to streamline the campaign. 100% of each gift is designated per the donor’s intent.
Over 75% of Alamo Colleges employees choose PRD each year as the simplest way to give. PRD gifts are processed starting with the employee’s first paycheck in January 2023. You may select anywhere between 1-24 pay periods. Deductions are made in order, so if you select 12 pay periods, it will be the first 12 pay periods of the year, not one deduction per month.
PRD gifts occur after-tax, as federal law does not allow for charitable donations through payroll deduction to be processed pre-tax.
Donations to the Employee Giving Campaign are tax-deductible as allowed by current IRS regulations. Please consult with your tax advisor for information relevant to your personal tax situation.
No. If you gave last year, your gift is not automatically renewed through the campaign. Each employee has the opportunity to opt-in by choice each year.