NVC Student Activity Fee Information:
NVC Student Activity Fee Process and Guidelines
NVC Online Request form for Student Activity Funding
(PLEASE EMAIL MARIE MORGAN at firstname.lastname@example.org to verify that your request has been received).
Student Travel Guidelines
DID YOU KNOW?
- The Student Activity fee is based off student college credit hours. Students are charged $1 for per every credit hour they are registered for each semester.
- The Student Activity fee monies are used to support our students with different initiatives to include yet not limited to: leadership, clubs, organizations, sports, fitness, wellness, on/off campus activities, speakers, events and more!
- The fee committee is composed of 5 voting student members and 4 voting faculty/staff members and alternate student members
- The majority vote of yes/no must come from the student members
- Allocations - Fiscal Year 2016-2017
VOTE ON THE STUDENT ACTIVITY FEE 3/1/17- 3/9/17
Activity fee monies are used to support students with different initiatives to
include: leadership opportunities, internships, support programs, clubs, organizations,
sports, fitness and wellness, on/off campus/academic events, national
observances, outdoor pursuits, speakers, and more.
How much does the Fee currently cost?
charged $1 per credit hour they are registered for each semester.
What will You be voting on?
each of the Alamo Colleges will be voting on whether or not they support an increase
of $2 per credit hour (currently it is $1 per credit hour).
What would the $2 increase do at NVC?
funding available to help students with the following yet, is not limited to
additional funding for: academic and career
pathways (i.e. field trips, internships, speakers and/or interactions with
experts in program/field of study). National Observances (i.e. Breast Cancer
Awareness Month, Black History Month, Hispanic Heritage month, Women’s History
Month, etc.). Support Programs (i.e. Vet2Vet, Male Success Initiative), Leadership
& Professional Development (i.e. Learning to Lead program, internships, clubs
and chartered organizations) and more.
DETAIL BREAKOUT OF HOW FEES WOULD BE USED IF DOUBLED
VOTING will TAKE PLACE through orgsync from march 1st-9th . An email will go out to all NVC Students with the voting link.
Student Activity Fee Committee Meetings:
Next Meeting will be Feb. 24th, 11am to 12:30pm: HH 109 Student Life Conference room . All Students welcomed!
Recent Meeting Minutes:
Student Activity Fee Committee Members:
Co Chairs: Kelly Blanco and Marie Morgan (non voting members)
Student: May Vorarath
Student: Joseph Unger
Student: Martin Urrutia
Student: Andrea Montini
Student: Cheyenne Sanchez
|Alternate: Stephanie Sonneman
Alternate : Joseph Onofre
Alternate student: Cesar Gomez
Staff: Christina Pandaru
Staff: Catherine Gonzalez
Faculty: Qi Wang
Staff: Destiny Harper-Lane
Please contact Kelly Blanco email@example.com or Marie Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.