The 2020-2021 Alamo Colleges Foundation Student Scholarship Application opens Monday, Jan. 6, 2020. Scholarship recipient selections are made throughout the academic year.
If a scholarship application was submitted anytime in 2019, students must apply again beginning Jan. 6, 2020, to be considered for Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 scholarships. Scholarship recipients are notified by email.
- Priority Deadline: Monday, April 6, 2020
- Final Deadline: Sunday, Sept. 6, 2020
Alamo Colleges Foundation Student Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- Students must complete and submit the online Alamo Colleges Foundation Student Scholarship Application
- Students who have taken college courses must submit a copy of all official transcripts.
- First-time-in-college students must submit a copy of high school transcripts.
|Note: In addition to providing transcripts to the college for admission, students must also send transcripts to the following address or email for scholarship consideration.||
Alamo Colleges Foundation, Inc.
|Welcome Back Scholarship|
Palo Alto College is proud to announce the Texas-STEM and Allied Health Challenge Scholarship, valued at up to $2,500 per year for students.
- Complete the Alamo Colleges Foundation Student Scholarship Application.
- Pursue a degree in a STEM field (includes biological and physical sciences, computer and information sciences, mathematics, statistics, engineering and a variety of allied health degrees)
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in high school Math and Science courses
- Submit an official high school transcript to the Scholarship Office (located in Executive Offices 163)
- Agree to complete 30 hours (Fall, Spring & Summer)
- Complete 80% of coursework per semester
- Men between the ages of 18 and 25 must be registered with the Selective Service System
- Additional requirements may apply
The T-STEM and Allied Health Challenge Scholarship will review applications submitted via the online application. Students who have already applied using the Alamo Colleges Foundation Student Scholarship application do not need to reapply.
External scholarships are awarded by organizations and committees outside of Palo Alto College. Each scholarship may have different requirements and application deadlines. External scholarships information can be found through local, state, or nationwide searches such as:
- Adelante! U.S. Education Leadership Fund
- Cafe College
- Credit Human Bridge for U Scholarship
- Harlandale Education Foundation Scholarship
- Every Chance Every Texan
- Generations Federal Credit Union
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU)
- Las Casas Foundation
- Rotary Club of SA Youth Education Foundation Scholarships
- Rotary Club of S.A.
- S.A. Area Foundation
- SallieMae Fund
- TheDream.US Scholarship
Note Disclaimer: It is the responsibility of the student to verify the validity of information on each site. Students should be aware of potential scams. Valid scholarships will not ask for an application fee.
Writing Assistance Center: Need some help with a scholarship essay? Visit the Palo Alto College Writing Assistance Center to make sure essays are perfect!
Student Life: Get involved with campus events. Scholarship committees always want to see community involvement. Visit Student Life for opportunities to get involved.