NEW! Students using Post 9/11 GI Bill® must verify enrollment each month to continue receiving monthly stipend (Begins 12/17/21)
Victory Center Wins Veteran Education Excellence Award
SAC-VA serves all Military Affiliated students at San Antonio College - including Active Service Members, Guard, Reserve, Veterans and all family members.
On-Campus Face to Face Advising Walk-ins and Scheduled Appointments available.
(all services also continue to be provided virtually)
SPRING 2022 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN - Register and submit Certification Documents as soon as possible to ensure continuous benefit payments!
Priority Benefit Certification thru December 3, 2021
Students must request certification of education benefits each semester.
(Incomplete or inaccurate Certification requests will result in delayed processing times. Certification of classes taken at other Alamo Colleges is subject to the processing times at the other institution. Parent Letters will be submitted by SAC-VA at time of SAC certification.)
TO REQUEST EDUCATION BENEFIT CERTIFICATION:
1. Click on the appropriate benefit tab below
2. Download the fillable forms
3. Complete the forms and save them to your device
4. Return by clicking on this button and attaching your forms (maximum 5 attachments)
If you have questions, call 210-486-0111 during business hours and someone will assist you
New! Students using Post 9/11 GI Bill® must verify enrollment every month to continue to receive monthly stipend (Begins 12/17/21)
This link is only for veterans using Hazlewood. (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please use the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using)
This link is only for children of veterans that are under the age of 26 and have had Hazlewood transferred to them by a qualifying veteran under the Hazlewood Legacy program. (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please use the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using)
This link is only for the spouse and children of veterans that are 100% disabled or deceased as a result of a service connected injury/illness and are eligible for thier own Hazlewood exemption. (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please uses the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using)
Tuition Assistance for Military
DoD Tuition Assistance Funded Students
Students should always consult their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service education office before engaging in any voluntary education endeavor. It's the students' responsibility to know the Tuition Assistance (TA) process and policy for their branch of service and to ensure tuition balances are paid by the payment deadline. Contact your SAC-VA Academic Advisor or our Alamo Colleges Installation Representatives if you have questions.
Airforce Information -
Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 45 days prior to semester start date and no later than 7 days prior to the semester start date. Active Duty Air Force members should apply for TA through their Air Force Portal account at the Air Force Virtual Education Center site. Questions should be directed to your Air Force Education Office.
Army Information -
Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 60 days prior to semester start date and approved no later than 10 days prior to the semester start date. Active Duty Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserves should apply for TA through their Army Ignited account. Questions should be directed to your Army Education Office
Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Information -
Please direct Tuition Assistance questions to your unit education liaison or your service Education Office.Navy: Download the free voluntary education Navy College Program App from the Google Play or iTunes online stores by searching "Navy College Program".
Paying with Tuition Assistance (TA)
Registration periods have corresponding payment deadlines. TA must be submitted to the college (once approved and signed) for processing by the payment deadline associated with the date of registration. TA funding documents are not processed on the weekends (or holidays) unless the campus Business Office is scheduled to be open for business.s Students who fail to turn in their approved TA forms and pay outstanding balances will be dropped for non-payment.
- Register for courses
- Request TA
- Know your payment deadline
- Request payment extension if necessary
- Submit approved TA to college for processing before payment deadline
- Pay all other balance not covered by TA through your ACES account
Submit your TA payments by email to: SAC-VA@ALAMO.EDU or to your SAC-VA Academic Advisor.
During the months of June and July, the college operates on a 4 day work-week, closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. TA documents must be turned in no later than 1500 on the Thursday before payment deadlines in order to be processed. Students may opt at any time to enroll themselves in a payment plan online through their student account to secure their courses.
Payment Extension Request for Pending TA
If your payment deadline is prior to funding approval, you may request a payment extension. A payment extension may be granted for those eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA). Please refer to our Payment Deferment form.
DoD Funded Tuition Rates
Other Funding Sources
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Scholarship Information
Refunds and Billing
Students using TA funding should always check with their SAC-VA Academic Advisor before making any schedule changes. Students are responsible for understanding implications of schedule changes, to include adds, drops and withdrawals and their effect on student accounts. Students are responsible for all charges incurred, including those not covered by TA and/or resulting from the return of unearned TA funds.
Questions regarding schedule changes and TA billing should be discussed with the individual's service or MyCAA before changes are made.
Access to Additional Student Supports through the disAbilities Support Services Department
Alamo Colleges Installation Offices
Fort Sam Houston
Lackland Air Force Base
Randolph Air Force Base
What is MyCAA?
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program administered by the Department of Defense, that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible active duty military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate's degree in a portable career field and occupation.
Determine eligibility - Select a Degree - Apply for Admission
How Do I Know If I'm Eligible?
When searching MyCAA for institutions, search for Alamo Community College District
Career Exploration and Applying for Admission
Why is Alamo Colleges A Good Choice?
Compare Our Costs
How far wil $4,000 take you?
Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.
Get More For Less
Our affordability extends the value of Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) funding.
A Career is Waiting….The Choice is Yours
San Antonio College has a large selection of degree and certificate options. Explore careers and view our degrees using these tools:
To begin using MyCAA funds with San Antonio College:
1. Apply for Admission
The application is free…apply today!
2. Register for Classes
- Login to ACES and Go to MyPage
- Register early and make note of your payment deadline
- If you are unable to obtain a MyCAA payment voucher before the payment deadline, contact your advisor to inquire about a Deferment for Pending MyCAA
3. Submit the Following Documents to MyCAA
- Your MyCAA Education & Training Plan obtained from your SAC-VA Academic Advisor
- A copy of the current DoD Tuition and Fee Schedule
- A copy of your current Class Schedule
- Submit all documents in Pdf format in one email
- Your class schedule is available in ACES
4. Once You Receive Your MyCAA Payment Voucher
- Submit your MyCAA payment voucher to your SAC-VA Academic Advisor as payment
- Log into ACES to confirm your payment has been credited and pay your remaining balance
- If you are unable to submit a payment voucher before your payment deadline contact your SAC-VA Academic Advisor to inquire about a Payment Deferment Request.
- MyCAA does not pay for fees or instructional materials
SAC-VA ADVISING - Virtual Front Desk
Advising Hours are currently available face-to-face in the Victory Center and virtually by zoom meeting if you prefer.
Please contact your advisor to set up an appointment or stop by as a walk-in (face-to-face or virtually).
Meeting ID: 257 906 0371
NEW! Students using Post 9/11 GI Bill® must verify enrollment monthly to continue receiving monthly stipend
New Student Orientation/Group Advising for Military Affiliated Students
New Student Orientation is mandatory for all students entering San Antonio College for the first time. If you are first time in college student or a student transferring to SAC from another college with less than 15 hours, you need to make arrangements to complete online New Student Orientation. Be sure to select the Veteran Student Track to ensure that you learn all of the information pertinent to our military affiliated student population.
Not sure what documents are needed? These checklists can help!
Not sure how to do one of the things below? These How-to Videos can help!
Certify Benefits Schedule Advising Appointment Register for Courses Mission Statement Title IX Training Payment Plan Forward ACES Email to Personal Email
Not sure how to do one of the things below? These How-to Guides can help!
Pay My Account Balance Request Benefit Certification Schedule Advising Appt Submit Mission Statement Complete Title IX Training How to Submit Proof of Bacterial Meningitis
How to Find Your Personal Shopping Sheet Spring-22 SAP Appeal
Enrollment Checklist Academic Calendar 21-22 Academic Catalog 21-22 Student Code of Conduct Payment Plan Information CLEP Exam Information TSI Exam Information Schedule of Tuition and Fees Link to National Archives Disability Support Services Transcript Request Graduation Information VA benefit Payment Rates VA Benefit Information
Additional Student Success Resources
ONLINE FILLABLE FORM LINKS
STUDENT SERVICE GUARDIAN FORMS - ONLINE LINK
Guardian Forms Link Guardian Benefit Processing Instructions Guardian Attachments for VA Benefits Guardian Attachments for Hazlewood (only) Guardian Attachments for Hazlewood (stacking with a VA benefit)
STUDENT SERVICE FORMS - FILLABLE
San Antonio College - Veterans Affairs Staff
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TUTORING SERVICES
August 23-December 10, 2021
Tutors are available for face to face and remote (Zoom) tutoring appointments
Call 210-486-1627 during tutoring hours to schedule an appointment
SAC-VA TUTORING- Virtual Front Desk
The hours are as follows:
The Office of Veterans Affairs assists all eligible veterans obtain financial assistance and information on Veterans Benefits while they attend San Antonio College.
Students using VA education and Veterans Readiness & Employment (VR&E)(formerly VocRehab), Hazlewood and Tuition Assistance benefits request certification of benefits through their home campus each semester.
Benefit certification requests should be submitted well in advance of the payment deadlines if the benefit being used will cover all or part of the student's tuition bill.
Note: Students utilizing Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 must log in to the WAVES online system and verify their enrollment each month on the first day of the month to ensure timely payment of benefit stipend.
Students utilizing Chapter 33 must also verify enrollment each month to ensure timely payment of the monthly housing stipend. CH33 Verification Info
Apply to the VA for your benefits below
Advising and tutoring
Face to Face
Victory Center Room 101
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212
Fall 2021 Hours
August 30 - December 17, 2021
Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri 8am-5pm
Tue - 8am-7pm
1st Sat of month - 9am-1pm
Tammy L. Micallef, M.S. USN(Ret)
Director, Student Success
EXECUTIVE ORDER 13607
San Antonio College is a signatory to the Presidential Executive Order – Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members; and the “8 Keys to Veterans’ Success” which are steps that postsecondary institutions can take to assist Veterans and Servicemembers in transitioning to higher education, completing their college programs, and obtaining career-ready skills.
- If you served on Active Duty, you might be eligible for education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. For example, the Post-9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for educational and housing expenses to individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service after September 10, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received an honorable discharge to be eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.
- If you are currently serving in the military, you may be eligible for funding offered through the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance program. Check your eligibility status and the amount for which you qualify with your Service prior to enrolling.
- If you are the spouse or child of a service member who is serving on active duty Title 10 orders in the paygrades of E1-E5, O1-O2, or W1-W2, you may be eligible for financial assistance from the Department of Defense for education, training, and/or the occupational license and credentials necessary for a portable career. (MyCAA)
- If you are the spouse or child of a service member, you may be eligible for transfer of the service member’s Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits to you.
- San Antonio College does not provide commissions, bonuses or other incentives based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruitment, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
- San Antonio College refrains from high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more). including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, or engage in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose od securing Service member enrollments.
SAC Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- How to Find your Personalized Shopping Sheet