Veterans Affairs - Victory Center is OPEN for Face to Face services!!

SAC-VA serves all Military Affiliated students at San Antonio College - including Active Service Members, Guard, Reserve, Veterans and all family members. 

On-Campus Face to Face Advising Walk-ins and Scheduled Appointments available.
(all services also continue to be provided virtually)

Certification paperwork must be received by 8/18/21 to guarantee processing prior to payment deadline.  Payment plans strongly encouraged after this date to prevent being dropped for non-payment (CH33, CH31 and Hazlewood - all others must secure payment)




Students must request certification of education benefits each semester. 

(Incomplete or inaccurate Certification requests will result in delayed processing times. Certification of classes taken at other Alamo Colleges is subject to the processing times at the other institution.  Parent Letters will be submitted by SAC-VA at time of SAC certification.)


CH 31 - Veterans Readiness & Employment (Formerly VocRehab)
Hazlewood Veteran

Click here to request Hazlewood-Veteran benefits

This link is only for veterans using Hazlewood. (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please use the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using)

Hazlewood Legacy

Click here to request your Hazlewood Legacy benefits

This link is only for children of veterans that are under the age of 26 and have had Hazlewood transferred to them by a qualifying veteran under the Hazlewood Legacy program.  (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please use the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using) 

Hazlewood Dependent / Spouse & Child of 100% disabled or deceased veteran

Click here to request your Hazlewood-Dependent benefits

This link is only for the spouse and children of veterans that are 100% disabled or deceased as a result of a service connected injury/illness and are eligible for thier own Hazlewood exemption.  (other types of Hazlewood have separate links - please uses the link that corresponds with the type of Hazlewood you are using)

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Tuition Assistance for Military

DoD Tuition Assistance Funded Students

Students should always consult their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service education office before engaging in any voluntary education endeavor.  It's the students' responsibility to know the Tuition Assistance (TA) process and policy for their branch of service and to ensure tuition balances are paid by the payment deadline.  Contact your SAC-VA Academic Advisor or our Alamo Colleges Installation Representatives if you have questions.

Airforce Information -

Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 45 days prior to semester start date and no later than 7 days prior to the semester start date.  Active Duty Air Force members should apply for TA through their Air Force Portal account at the Air Force Virtual Education Center site.  Questions should be directed to your Air Force Education Office. 

Army Information - 

Tuition assistance must be requested no earlier than 60 days prior to semester start date and approved no later than 10 days prior to the semester start date.  Active Duty Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserves should apply for TA through their GoArmyEd account.  Questions should be directed to your Army Education Office
Create a GoArmyEd account     Army TA Overview

Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard Information -

Please direct Tuition Assistance questions to your unit education liaison or your service Education Office.Navy: Download the free voluntary education Navy College Program App from the Google Play  or iTunes online stores by searching "Navy College Program". 

Paying with Tuition Assistance (TA)

Registration periods have corresponding payment deadlines.  TA must be submitted to the college (once approved and signed) for processing by the payment deadline associated with the date of registration.  TA funding documents are not processed on the weekends (or holidays) unless the campus Business Office is scheduled to be open for business.s Students who fail to turn in their approved TA forms and pay outstanding balances will be dropped for non-payment.  

  1. Register for courses 
  2. Request TA
  3. Know your payment deadline
  4. Request payment extension if necessary
  5. Submit approved TA to college for processing before payment deadline
  6. Pay all other balance not covered by TA through your ACES account 

Submit your TA payments by email to: SAC-VA@ALAMO.EDU or to your SAC-VA Academic Advisor. 

Payment Deadline Calendar 

During the months of June and July, the college operates on a 4 day work-week, closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  TA documents must be turned in no later than 1500 on the Thursday before payment deadlines in order to be processed.  Students may opt at any time to enroll themselves in a payment plan online through their student account to secure their courses.

Payment Extension Request for Pending TA

If your payment deadline is prior to funding approval, you may request a payment extension. A payment extension may be granted for those eligible for Tuition Assistance (TA).  Please refer to our Payment Deferment  form.

DoD Funded Tuition Rates

2020-21 Schedule of Tuition and Fees
2021-22 Schedule of Tuition and Fees

Other Funding Sources

Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)     Scholarship Information

Refunds and Billing

Students using TA funding should always check with their SAC-VA Academic Advisor before making any schedule changes.  Students are responsible for understanding implications of schedule changes, to include adds, drops and withdrawals and their effect on student accounts.  Students are responsible for all charges incurred, including those not covered by TA and/or resulting from the return of unearned TA funds.

Questions regarding schedule changes and TA billing should be discussed with the individual's service or MyCAA before changes are made.

Return of Unearned TA refund policy

Student Refund Schedule

Access to Additional Student Supports through the disAbilities Support Services Department

Click here to Learn more

Alamo Colleges Installation Offices

Fort Sam Houston
Building 2248, Room 207
(210) 486-2001

Lackland Air Force Base
Building 5725, Room 144
(210) 486-2001

Randolph Air Force Base
Building 210, Room 10
(210) 486-2001

My Career Advancement (MyCAA)


What is MyCAA?

The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program is a workforce development program administered by the Department of Defense, that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible active duty military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate's degree in a portable career field and occupation.

Determine eligibility - Select a Degree - Apply for Admission

How Do I Know If I'm Eligible?

See If You're Eligible - Apply for MyCAA

When searching MyCAA for institutions, search for Alamo Community College District

Career Exploration and Applying for Admission

Why is Alamo Colleges A Good Choice?


Compare Our Costs

How far wil $4,000 take you?

Students in courses with special program tuition should contact our representatives for assistance with special course tuition rates.





Get More For Less

Our affordability extends the value of Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) funding.

A Career is Waiting….The Choice is Yours

San Antonio College has a large selection of degree and certificate options. Explore careers and view our degrees using these tools:

MyCAA Fact Sheet MyCAA School FAQs MyCAA Education Plan Template


To begin using MyCAA funds with San Antonio College:

1.  Apply for Admission


The application is free…apply today!


2.  Register for Classes

  • Login to ACES and Go to MyPage


  • Register early and make note of your payment deadline
  • If you are unable to obtain a MyCAA payment voucher before the payment deadline, contact your advisor to inquire about a Deferment for Pending MyCAA


3.  Submit the Following Documents to MyCAA

  • Your MyCAA Education & Training Plan obtained from your SAC-VA Academic Advisor
  • A copy of the current DoD Tuition and Fee Schedule
  • A copy of your current Class Schedule


  • Submit all documents in Pdf format in one email
  • Your class schedule is available in ACES


4.  Once You Receive Your MyCAA Payment Voucher

  • Submit your MyCAA payment voucher to your SAC-VA Academic Advisor as payment
  • Log into ACES to confirm your payment has been credited and pay your remaining balance
  • If you are unable to submit a payment voucher before your payment deadline contact your SAC-VA Academic Advisor to inquire about a Payment Deferment Request.


  • MyCAA does not pay for fees or instructional materials
Virtual Advising Info (ZOOM)

SAC-VA ADVISING - Virtual Front Desk


Passcode: Victory

Advising Hours are currently available face-to-face in the Victory Center and virtually by zoom meeting if you prefer.

Fall 2021 Registration is open.
Please contact your advisor to set up an appointment or stop by as a walk-in (face-to-face or virtually). 

Please use the meeting information below
to access our virtual waiting room and wait to be called in to a private advising break-out room. 
You may also send an email to with a question or to schedule an appointment.

Meeting ID: 257 906 0371 
Passcode: Victory

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,2944932415# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,2944932415# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID:  257 906 0371
Find your local number:
Student Handbook

New Student Orientation/Group Advising for Military Affiliated Students

New Student Orientation is mandatory for all students entering San Antonio College for the first time. If you are first time in college student or a student transferring to SAC from another college with less than 15 hours, you need to make arrangements to complete online New Student Orientation.  Be sure to select the Veteran Student Track to ensure that you learn all of the information pertinent to our military affiliated student population.

Schedule New Student Orientation               Schedule Group Advising Session


Benefit Checklists

Not sure what documents are needed?  These checklists can help!

VA Benefit Checklist   SAC-VA Enrollment Checklist   Hazlewood Checklist     

How-To Videos

Not sure how to do one of the things below?  These How-to Videos can help!

Certify Benefits   Schedule Advising Appointment   Register for Courses  Mission Statement   Title IX Training   Payment Plan   Forward ACES Email to Personal Email 

How-To Guides

Not sure how to do one of the things below?  These How-to Guides can help!

     Pay My Account Balance  Request Benefit Certification    Schedule Advising Appt      Submit Mission Statement     Complete Title IX Training       How to Submit Proof of Bacterial Meningitis
How to Find Your Personal Shopping Sheet

Useful Information  

  Enrollment Checklist     Academic Calendar 21-22  Academic Catalog 21-22 Student Code of Conduct Payment Plan Information CLEP Exam Information TSI Exam Information Schedule of Tuition and Fees Link to National Archives Disability Support Services

Campus Resources
SAC Resource Guide

Additional Student Success Resources
MyVRC Smartphone App

Free Online Courses     Free Online Tutoring

Staff Contact Info

Advising Hours are currently available face-to-face in the Victory Center and virtually by zoom meeting if you prefer.

Fall 2021 Registration is open.
Please contact your advisor to set up an appointment or stop by as a walk-in (face-to-face and virtually). 


What COVID-related information can you provide students with that impact your department?

The Department of Veterans Affairs has released the following information in regards to students that are using the Post 9/11 G.I.Bill®

My school changed my program from in-residence classes to online (ZOOM) classes? Can I still get GI Bill benefits for this?

Based on the recently passed legislation, if your school converts from an approved residence training course to online training(ZOOM) for that course (distance learning) due to COVID-19, your benefits will not change. However, the law only authorizes this special authority from March 1, 2020, to December 21, 2020. The new law applies to both current and new students enrolled in courses affected by COVID-19.

Note: Other types of changes to your enrollment status (for example, dropping a class results in a reduced rate of pursuit) may affect payments.

What happens to my housing allowance if my school changes from in-residence classes to online (ZOOM) classes due to COVID-19?

Post-9/11 GI Bill students whose schools convert to online programs (ZOOM) from previously approved resident programs will not see reduced monthly housing payments. Current and new beneficiaries can receive the resident housing rate when in school March 1, 2020, to December 21, 2020.

Note: Other types of changes to your enrollment status (for example, dropping a class results in a reduced rate of pursuit) may affect payments.

If I am unable to attend school due to COVID-19, but my school is in session, will I still receive my education benefits?

VA can pay you through the last date of attendance, but not through the end of the term. This may create a prorated tuition & fees debt and a housing overpayment for you. If you do get a debt you can request a waiver when you are notified of a debt. Learn more at Submit a Waiver Request. Also, VA has provided additional support to students who owe debts (see question 8 for additional information).

What happens if my school is closed temporarily?

If your school is temporarily closed, VA will continue to pay your benefits through the end of the term or 28 days, whichever is sooner.

What happens when my school’s resident lab portion of a course is canceled or marked as incomplete due to COVID-19 and the school does not allow me to move to the next class in the degree program? (i.e. Organic Chemistry 1 lab completion needed to enroll in Org Chemistry 2 next semester)

VA lacks authority to handle these situations in any special way due to COVID 19. VA has instructed schools to follow their “Incomplete” grade policy and apply that procedure, if applicable. When the school is eventually able to continue training, you will be allowed to complete the lab portion without any further reporting requirements to VA.  However, if the discontinued class is a prerequisite to future classes, you cannot enroll in the next sequential required class until the pre-requisite is complete. If your school doesn’t have an “Incomplete” policy, the school should withdraw you from the class based on your last date of attendance. But if this action changes your rate of pursuit, your monthly housing allowance may be affected.

Will VA pay for my benefits if my school changes from a standard grade scale (A, B, C…) to a Credit/No-Credit or Pass/Fail or other grading system due to COVID-19 national emergency?

Depending on the School’s grading policy, classes taken Pass/Fail or Credit/No-Credit may result in a non-punitive grade if the student fails the class. Rules about non-punitive grades have not changed. Although VA does not typically make payments for classes resulting in non-punitive grades, if COVID 19 is reported as mitigating circumstances for the student’s receipt of a non-punitive grade (i.e., Credit/No-Credit) VA will pay for the class.

I’m experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and owe a debt to VA. Is there any relief for me?

VA’s Debt Management Center (DMC) is currently offering Veterans a couple options; one is to completely suspend debt collection and the second is to establish an extended repayment plan without the submission of additional financial documentation. DMC encourages Veterans and family members affected by COVID-19 (Coronavirus) who have a VBA benefit debt and need temporary financial relief to contact the DMC at 1-800-827-0648 to request assistance.

If you have questions about your specific circumstance, please contact the Education Call Center at: 1-888-442-4551 between 8 AM and 7 PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday, or submit your question electronically. The VA Debt Management Center (DMC) is offering temporary financial relief if you are unable to pay your GI Bill benefit debt during this crisis. Our debt relief flyer breaks it down for you.

Will there be any impact on tuition and fee payments when only the modality changes within a term due to COVID-19?

Tuition and Fees reporting requirements will not change due to COVID-19 national emergency.

Remedial/Deficiency class: Will VA education students be allowed to continue or start remedial/deficiency level courses at Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL) who convert to an online modality due to COVID-19?

Based on the new law, an educational institution which converts an approved resident Remedial/Deficiency course to an online training modality for that course (ZOOM), may continue to certify these credit hours to the VA as resident credit hours during the authorized timeframe: 1 March 2020, to 21 December 2020.

If an educational institution creates a new vacation break, or extends such a break, which may include a change in term dates that are due to COVID-19, what steps will be taken?

The School is required to always include inclusive dates of official school vacation periods of 7 or more consecutive days when certifying non-standard enrollment periods for all benefits in non- standard remarks. This remains true during this COVID-19 national emergency. If there is a change in enrollment dates, the School must adjust all elements of the enrollment certification to match actual enrollment timeframe. (includes break time and end date)

Have there been any policy or process related changes in your department that impact students?

  • All services will be provided to students in a remote environment until further
  • Appointments and Virtual Walk-ins (if available) will be conducted via Zoom appointments and Zoom
  • Benefit Certification will be completed by submitting your request for certification via docusign

– Please be sure to select appropriate school’s tab when completing this process

  • The college Webpages are frequently updated with pertinent information
  • If you have any outstanding debt with the VA or questions pertaining to VA debt, please contact the Debt Management Center at: 1-888-442-4551 between 8 AM and 7 PM Eastern Time, Monday-Friday, or submit your question

What additional information can you share with students that is key to their success with your department?

To ensure successful completion of the semester, students should:

  • Maintain contact with your academic advisor and faculty members
  • Make sure that all courses you register for are required for your degree Plan
  • If you are a guest student from a college/university that is not an Alamo College, be sure to have your home school submit a parent letter
  • Check your ACES email account often for any updates
  • Be sure to visit the your school’s webpage for any pertinent updates
  • Be sure to submit benefit certification paperwork before the payment deadline if using CH33, CH31, Hazlewood or deferment
  • Pay your balance or enter into a payment plan prior to the payment deadline if not using one of those
  • Pay your IM fees prior to payment deadline if your balance is more than $102.00
  • Inquire what impact any schedule changes (drops/adds) will have to your benefits before making changes
  • If you change your schedule, notify your advisor and request that those changes be certified (you will have to submit another request)
  • If you are using CH31 (VR&E), make sure you maintain contact with your VA Case manager and that you have a valid PO for your home college and each book store that you have classes
  • Remember that you must submit documentation to request benefit certification EVERY semester that you wish to use benefits
VR&E (CH31) Bookstore Guidance


Because the bookstore is closed and classes will be online, the bookstore is going to create accounts for Veterans to order books and supplies online through the bookstore website.  

To access your VA accounts online, you will need your campus student ID number, as that will be linked to the supply and book voucher.  

You will need to place two orders, one for books and one for supplies - as you would do two transactions in the bookstore at the registers

Once you have logged into your specific campus bookstore website you will see a link to shop by student ID:

Enter your student ID, and hit enter.  You will be brought to a second page, where you confirm your college and the term (Summer 2021 or Fall 2021) 

Once you select “Find Courses”, you will be taken to your list of courses, where you will select which books you are looking to purchase.  Make your selections based on the required materials

Once you have made your selections, proceed to checkout.  Create an account using your .edu email address, and confirm your shipping and billing address.  Once you get to the payment method screen you will see your payment options.  For VA, you will have to select the option for Bookstore Charge Account as seen below:

Once you have selected that, enter your full campus student ID number and select Find accounts.  You will see two accounts, one for books, one for supplies.  Select the appropriate account.

PLEASE NOTE: You cannot use the full available balance on your textbook account - we place a large limit  to ensure it covers all REQUIRED books.  If your book total is only $50 you cannot spend the excess.  YOU CAN ONLY PURCHASE THE BOOKS LISTED FOR YOUR CLASS.

Before you continue, you must check mark that you understand the terms and conditions of using the VA accounts online for both textbooks:   and for supplies:

Once you have checked the box, and clicked “Pay with This” you can finalize and complete your order.  You will receive an email with your order confirmation number, and once your order ships, a tracking number will be provided via that email address.

You will repeat the order process for your Supplies account, shopping for the standard supplies, such as pens, pencils, notebooks, highlighters, etc.



Victory Center Tutoring

August 23-December 10, 2021

Tutors are available for face to face and remote (Zoom) tutoring appointments

SAC-VA TUTORING- Virtual Front Desk


The hours are as follows:


Fall 21 Tutor Hours Updated 9-8.jpg

The Office of Veterans Affairs assists all eligible veterans obtain financial assistance and information on Veterans Benefits while they attend San Antonio College.

Students using VA education and Veterans Readiness & Employment (VR&E)(formerly VocRehab), Hazlewood and Tuition Assistance benefits request certification of benefits through their home campus each semester.

Benefit certification requests should be submitted well in advance of the payment deadlines if the benefit being used will cover all or part of the student's tuition bill.    

Note: Students utilizing Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 must log in to the WAVES online system and verify their enrollment each month on the first day of the month to ensure timely payment of benefit stipend.


Apply to the VA for your benefits below