Welcome to the San Antonio College Advising Department!
We look forward to serving you! Here are a few quick reminders for you to consider:
- REGISTRATION: Students can register for Fall 2022
- Free Textbooks and instructional materials for fall 2022. Check your student e-mail to select delivery methods through Barnes & Noble College.
- Check the Payment Calendar, and make Payment Arrangements to avoid being dropped for nonpayment.
- Contact the Business Office for additional payment assistance.
If you need:
Advising is always available on a first-come, first-serve basis. When visiting the department without an appointment, you can expect extended wait times. We would like for you to have the best possible advising experience so, for your convenience, consider virtual drop-ins.
July 25 - August 27
|DAY||VIRTUAL DROP-INS||ON-CAMPUS DROP-INS|
|MONDAY||2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|TUESDAY||9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|WEDNESDAY||N/A||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|THURSDAY||N/A||8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|FRIDAY||N/A||8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|SATURDAY||N/A||9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.|
* On-campus drop-ins are located in the Moody Learning Center (MLC) on the ground floor. Saturday drop-ins begin on August 6.
- Receive brief (≤ 15 mins) advising guidance
- Get assistance with general questions
- Review Registration PIN tasks
- Identify resources to support your success in school
- Complete Change of Major and Change of Primary Institution requests
- NOTE: Advising appointments resume August 29, 2022
- New SAC students, are assigned an advisor by census day of their first semester on campus and, can begin scheduling appointments after attending a general advising session.
- Receive 30-45 min guidance through your ASSIGNED ADVISOR
- Visit Advising How-to Guides to learn how to schedule appointments
- Get assistance with Dismissal petitons, Financial Aid appeals, and Graduation applications
- Review your Individual Success Plan (ISP)
- Complete advising before submitting 3-peat/27-hour Tuition Appeal
- Learn how to petition for Course Overloads
- Contact the Advising Office if your assigned advisor's schedule does not appear in Navigate
* Visit "My Page" on ACES to view "My Advisor" & e-mail us if you have already completed a general advising session and are currently unassigned.
Here are important dates for you to take note of:
- COLLEGE CLOSURES:
- September 5, 2022: Labor Day
- October 28, 2022: Employee Development Day
- November 24-27, 2022: Thanksgiving Weekend
- December 20, 2022-January 2, 2023: Winter Break
- January 16, 2023: Martin Luther King Day
- March 13-19, 2023: Spring Break
- April 7-9, 2023: Easter Holiday
- April 28, 2023: Fiesta Holiday
- June 19, 2023: Juneteenth Holiday
- December 20, 2023: Independence Day Holiday
- July 4, 2023: Martin Luther King Day
- FALL PAYMENT DEADLINES (7:30 P.M.)
- August 11, 2022
- August 18, 2022
- August 25 2022
- August 28, 2022
- September 1, 2022
- September 15, 2022
- October 6, 2022
- October 13, 2022
- October 20, 2022
* Registration before an upcoming deadline requires payment in full, or the establishment of a payment plan, in order to avoid being dropped on the payment deadline.
- Learn how to Register for Classes (Select your Term e.g. Fall 2022)
- For dates and deadlines, visit the Registration Calendar
- Browse the Course Schedule (Filter courses by selecting San Antonio College)
- Review Degree and Certificate plans
- Search Course Descriptions, for details on classes in your Program of Study
- Fall 2022: May 2 - June 30, 2022 (before 11:59 am)
- Spring 2023: September 12 - November 4, 2022 (before 11:59 am)
- Summer 2023: No Appeal Process
To complete your SAP appeal:
- Watch this brief tutorial
- Update your GPS degree plan in ACES
- Make your SAP appointment in Navigate or visit Advising in Moody Learning Center (MLC) ground floor to schedule your session
- Complete your Reasons for Appealing in ACES (Visit Writing Center for help preparing your reasons)
- Submit supporting documentation to the Financial Aid office within seven (7) days
Students completing SAP appeals must be current SAC students:
Visiting (Transient) Students, taking classes at SAC for the semester, can contact one of these Certified Advisors for assistance with registration and other advising needs:
For additional assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (please include your Banner ID number)
Director of Advising
Office Main Phone
Office Email Account *
Fall Office Hours
(July 25 - August 27)
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday (Begins August 6)
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
(Check On-campus & Virtual Drop-in Advising schedules, in First-come First-serve Assistance, for details)