Committee on the Assessment of Student Learning
Program and Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee
In the attempt to ensure that Assessment is embedded in the culture of Northeast Lakeview College, the PSLOAC was formed and replaced the previous work team of Student Learning Outcomes Task Force.
Committee membership includes a minimum of the following:
- One faculty liaison from each academic division (including the library)
- Representative from Institutional Planning & Research office
- Representative from College Services
- Representative from Student Success
- Representative from the NLC Curriculum Committee
- Representative from the offices of the Deans of Arts and Sciences, Learning Resources, and Workforce/CE
- Representative from the NLC student body
CHARGE AND GOALS OF THE COMMITTEE ON ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT LEARNING
The Northeast Lakeview College (NLC) Program and Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee (Assessment Committee) is committed to building and maintaining a culture of learning in which students, faculty, and staff share a common understanding of the meaning, purpose, and utility of assessment. The Assessment Committee characterizes this process as using student data to improve learning through a continuous cycle of gathering, analyzing, and applying this information to improve student learning. The committee is charged with defining the assessment process at NLC, ensuring that appropriate assessment procedures and practices are followed, and for providing a forum for dialogue regarding assessment issues to support the college community.