In response to COVID-19, Northeast Lakeview College's Assessment and Course Exam Centers will not be open for testing. As we transition our services online you may communicate with us via email at email@example.com
The following exams have to be suspended temporarily:
GED / HiSET / CLEP / TEAS / TECQ / External Correspondence / Remote Testing
Students should contact instructors for distance learning/academic testing.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we transition to serve you remotely!
The Assessment Center provides testing services that meet the various needs of the student population. Services include test administration of the TSI Exam for college placement and for Texas Success Initiative(TSI) requirements, CLEP (credit by examination), and external (non-Alamo Colleges District) correspondence testing.
The Course Exam Center (CEC) provides testing services to currently enrolled Alamo College students consisting of make-up testing for students who miss an exam date, distance learning testing for online courses at NLC, or other colleges in the Alamo Colleges District and accommodated testing for students who have proper documentation.
For more information about the CEC including office hours, contact information, student guidelines, and faculty forms please visit the Course Exam Center page linked below.
Assesment Center General Office Hours
The health and wellness of students and staff of Alamo Colleges District is our highest priority. Currently, the NLC campus is closed and all staff will be working remotely.
Take the TSI from Home
Examity is an online service provided by an outside source contracted with College Board's TSI testing program. They offer their services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by appointment.
This service is available to students who are unable to take the TSI Assessment at Northeast Lakeview College due to COVID-19.
If you would like to pursue the Examity option, use the following steps as your guide:
Step 1: Enrollment at NLC
- Complete an Apply Texas application for Northeast Lakeview College.
- Access your Student ACES portal and complete the following modules:
- Go FAARR
- Test Prep
Step 2: Will Examity work for you?
Contact Examity via phone at 1-855-392-6489 or create an Examity account by clicking here to find out Examity's testing requirements.
- Confirm that you meet their technical requirements.
- Examity system requirements are:
- Desktop computer or laptop (tablets, Chromebooks and cell phones do not meet requirements)
- A working built-in or external webcam and microphone
- Internet speed must be at least 2Mbps download and 2Mbps upload. Hot spots are not recommended.
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled
- You can complete a computer readiness check here
- Examity system requirements are:
- It is the students responsibility to verify that they meet all technical requirements.
- Before scheduling your appointment with Examity, you will need a voucher number. Your voucher will be issued once you have paid the TSI Assessment fee ($32 for all parts, $12 for one part, paid directly to the college). Move on to step 3 to request your voucher.
Step 3: Request to take the TSI from Home
Before moving forward with Examity, you MUST complete a Voucher Request with Northeast Lakeview College. Please do not schedule an appointment with Examity until you have received your voucher number.
- Complete this form to notify us of your choice to utilize Examity.
- Once your request has been received, the Assessment Center will send you an email with instructions for payment of the TSI Assessment fee ($32 for all parts, $12 for one part, paid directly to the college).
- Make the payment and forward your email receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When your receipt of payment has been received, a TSI Assessment voucher number will be created and sent to you. The voucher will be required upon your scheduled test date with Examity.
- Schedule your appointment with Examity.
Step 4: On the date of your appointment
You will need to have the following items with you:
- Valid picture ID
- Testing voucher number
Note: Examity may have additional requirements, be sure to communicate with them to determine what those requirements may be.
Step 5: After You Test
The Assessment Center will contact you within two days of completing your TSI Assessment to schedule a post-assessment advising session. This session can be completed in 15 minutes and will explain to you your test results, your placement in math and English and provide you with personalized steps to enrollment at Northeast Lakeview College.
For general TSI Assessment information, including test fees please visit the link below:
The CLEP administration has been suspended and does not allow the option for examinees to take it from home. Most colleges have closed their campus but you may seek other testing centers to contact for availability at https://clep.collegeboard.org/test-center-search.
You may visit https://clep.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates regarding purchased CLEP Registration Tickets close to expiration.
The Assessment Center will be closed on the following days:
October 25, 2019 (Employee Development Day)
November 28 & 29, 2019 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
December 19, 2019 through January 1, 2020 (Winter Break)
A valid picture ID is required of all testers....NO EXCEPTIONS.
Location: Student Commons Bldg, STCM 227
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 am - 7 pm