Welcome to the Northeast Lakeview College Scholarship Office
The scholarship application for scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year is now closed.
Students selected to receive scholarships will be notified via email.
Students still wanting to apply for scholarships should visit this website again in August as the application may be reopened to increase the applicant pool for specific scholarships.
Your application will be considered for ALL available scholarships offered at NLC through the Alamo Colleges District Foundation (Click on ‘List of Scholarships’) for the fall 2022 and spring 2023 semesters.
*Students must submit an application in January of each year for scholarship consideration.
General Eligibility Requirements
You should apply if:
- You are enrolled full time (12+ hours) or part-time (6-11 hours).
- You are pursuing an Associate Degree, Certificate of Completion, or transfer program at NLC.
- You have and will maintain at least a 2.00 GPA (High School 60+ average).
- You have and will maintain satisfactory academic progress as required by Student Financial Services. (more info).
- You are not related to any of the Alamo Colleges District Board of Trustees and/or Alamo Colleges Foundation Board Members. (more info).
Please note: You must be enrolled/admitted at the Alamo Colleges to create an account and apply for scholarships on this website as your ACES login credentials are required to sign in.
STEP 1 – PERSONAL INFORMATION – If questions do not apply, indicate by entering N/A.
STEP 2 – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION – If you are unsure of your actual GPA enter approximate. (We will confirm before an award is offered.)
STEP 3 – PLANS & QUESTIONS – Be sure to answer ALL questions. Do not underestimate the question on volunteering & community service. You may INCLUDE ANY HONORS, AWARDS, AND RECOGNITIONS you have received. Volunteer hours at CHURCHES and STUDENT ORGANIZATIONS may be included.
STEP 4 – ESSAY – Be sure to proofread and/or have a friend or family member review your essay. Refer to the next tab. (“The Essay Prompt”)
STEP 5 – CERTIFICATION & AUTHORIZATION – Sign and submit your application.
STEP 6 – CONFIRMATION – Please keep the confirmation number provided for your records. Consider saving a copy of the application for your records.
Once you have submitted your application:
- If you haven’t already done so, complete the FAFSA.
- If required, provide any additional documents.
- If requested, follow up with other schools to ensure that your transcripts have been forwarded.
YOU’RE ALL DONE!
If you are selected to receive a scholarship you will be notified via email.
On the scholarship application, you are asked to respond to the following prompt:
- Explain how your life experiences prompted you to pursue a higher education AND from a financial standpoint, explain how a scholarship will help you achieve your educational, career and life goals.
- Do not underestimate the importance of the essay. This is where the reviewers get to know you.
- The word limit is 300 words—use ALL of the words available to you.
- Think about your responses to the prompts.
- Organize your thoughts and jot down an outline and/or draft before you begin to write.
- Write your response to the essay in Word before beginning the application.
- Ensure you are answering the questions being asked.
- Answer in complete sentences and use proper grammar.
- Elaborate, give details and engage the reader.
- Spend time editing and re-editing your draft.
- Have a friend or family member review your responses.
- Consider using the services of the tutoring center on campus.
- English instructors are also good resources.
- When you are satisfied with your response, complete the application and cut and paste your essay response.
DISCLAIMER: The resources provided in this section are for informational purposes only. They are merely additional resources for students to consider when searching for scholarships. The Alamo Colleges and Northeast Lakeview College do not advocate for or support any particular agency. Students should contact the external organization offering these scholarships directly with questions and/or to submit applications.
Scholarship Databases/Search Engines
(click on each database for additional info)