On-campus Drop-in Services
On-campus drop-ins available during normal business hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, last student at 4:30 pm
- Thursday 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, last student at 6:30 pm
Appointment Based Advising Hours
Schedule an appointment through your ACES portal (Navigate)
- Monday: 8:00-4:30
- Tuesday: 1:00-4:30
- Wednesday: 8:00-4:30
- Thursday: 8:00-1:30
- Friday: 1:00-4:30
Advising Virtual Drop-In Hours and Links
|Tuesday: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|Thursday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Friday: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
(final student check-in at 4:30 pm)
|Saturday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm,
(final student check-in at 12:30 pm)
(1st Saturday of the Month)
Chat with an Advisor Hours
- Monday-Thursday 8:00am-7:00pm
- Friday – 8:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday – 9:00am-1:00pm
|Appointment Based Advising||Find your
Advising is addressed in the designated orientation and group advising session according to your student type:
- First-time in college students who have not attended college or students who have earned less than 12 credit hours, must sign-up for New Student Orientation and attend a Group Advising Presentation.
- Dual Credit as high school students, must sign-up for New Student Orientation and attend a Group Advising Presentation
- Transfer college students to the Alamo Colleges District with 12-45 credit hours earned, must sign-up for Transfer and Returning Orientation and Group Advising Presentation.
- Students on Academic Probation, must sign-up for Academic Success Orientation and attend the Transfer and Returning Group Advising Presentation.
Please sign-up for your designated orientation based on your student type. Your attendance at orientation and the group advising presentation will address your advising hold.
New Student Orientation
- Students placed on Academic Dismissal must complete the Academic Dismissal Petition Information.
Do not forget to submit your reflection statement with these documents.
Mid-term Progress Report
- Students with 46 credit hours earned, do not need to attend an orientation or a group advising session. Please connect with the advising department to review your advising holds
- Current students have advisor assignments and can schedule an appointment on Navigate or contact our advising department.
- Advising email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop-In Advising
- Advising phone- (210)-486-5406
Students are assigned an academic advisor after registration of courses and when the semester begins. Students are encouraged to consult with an academic advisor about degree plans, courses, and other educational concerns if currently enrolled and pursuing a two-year degree program, planning to transfer to another college or university, or simply taking a few selected courses. In addition to course and degree requirements, policies and procedures are subject to change. Students are encouraged to stay informed of any changes that may affect them by meeting with an academic counselor/advisor regularly.
Schedule an appointment with your assigned advisor by accessing Navigate on ACES, start here tab.
Many students who enroll at the Alamo Colleges District plan to transfer to a college or university with upper-division or junior standing. During their enrollment at Alamo Colleges District, they are advised to fulfill the lower-division requirements for the college or university selected for their continued education.
The Alamo Colleges District's transfer services aid students in making their transfer experience a seamless process. It is the responsibility of all students to ensure that they take courses at the Alamo Colleges District that will be accepted by the transfer institutions they wish to attend.
Academic Advising Services Include:
- Pre & Post- Admissions Advisement
- Assessment Interpretation
- Information on Academic Programs
- Degree Planning and Requirements
- Course Placement and Selection
- Registration Assistance
- Advisement from a course
- Graduation Requirements
- Transfer Planning and Services
- Web Advising
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 am - 7 pm