Register for Classes
Students who have been enrolled in a course at Palo Alto College within the last two (2) academic terms can use the following process to register for classes. Students are encouraged to meet with their assigned academic advisor before registering for classes. Students who have reached 15, 30, or 45-credit hour milestones may require a personal identification number (PIN) from their assigned advisor before registering.
- Log into the ACES Portal with Alamo Colleges District username and password.
- Select Student.
- Select Web Services.
- Select Student and Financial Aid.
- Select Registration.
- Select Registration Status.
- Select appropriate Term from drop-down menu and Submit.
- Select Class Search.
- Select a Subject. Students can choose a college, location/attribute type, course number, time and/or day. Note: The location/attribute type option allows students to choose alternate locations (e.g., SAC course held at NLC).
- Enter information and select Class Search at the bottom. This returns a list of all courses meeting the selected criteria. Courses for which students are eligible to register will have a check box. Select the course by checking the box.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Register.
- Students will be taken back to their schedule with the new class added. If there were any errors or holds (pre-requisite, co-requisite, other restrictions), the error/hold will display with the schedule, and the course will not be added.
- Repeat steps 7-12 to add additional classes.
- To drop classes from a schedule, click the drop-down menu beside the course and select **Web Dropped Prior to Term**.
- NOTE: Students must drop or add courses at the same time.
- Select Submit Changes.