Assessment and Testing
The Assessment Center provides testing services to students of the Alamo Community Colleges and the Community. Services include test administration of the TSI Exam for college placement and for Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements, CLEP (credit by examination), and external (non-Alamo Colleges District) correspondence testing.
The TSI Exam (Texas Success Initiative) is the only approved computerized placement test. The state mandated program is designed to help determine if the student is ready for college-level course in the general areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. The TSI Assessment minimum passing standards for college readiness are:
Mathematics: score 350
Reading: score 351
Writing: score of 340 and 4+ on essay or a score of less than 340, and an ABE Diagnostic level of at least 4, and an essay score of at least 5. Students who score below the cut scores are placed in the appropriate developmental course and will need to earn a "C" or better.
Please submit any official documents that can exempt you from testing such as (SAT scores, ACT scores, copy of the DD214 member 4 form, etc.), to our office in FAC 112 or send a scanned copy to sac-Assessment@alamo.edu (please include a copy of a valid photo ID and your banner number in the email).
What is needed to take the TSI Exam?
Please review the complete list of items needed in order to test:
- Must have completed an ApplyTexas application for one of the Alamo Colleges at ApplyTexas or have an active application on file at one of the Alamo Colleges District.
- HS transcript for First Time in College students or a College transcript submitted and processed by A&R
- Login to ACES, select the "Start Here" tab, checklist items 1, 2, and 3 must be completed before you are eligible to test.
- Click on the "Enroll" buttons to begin and complete the required MyMaps Alamo Enroll modules (Test Prep Module and GO FAARR module).
- A valid picture ID (State ID, Federal ID, Student ID, Passport, etc.) - No exceptions
- Banner ID Number Get My Banner ID Number
- TSI Fees - Full Exam $32, Single Subject $12. Cash, electronic checks or credit cards accepted. Please pay for the exam at our testing center, testing fees are non-refundable.
- No Appointment needed to take the TSI Exam, please see the walk-in times below.
TSI Exam Schedule and Office Hours
No appointment needed to take the TSI Exam, please see the walk-in times below. The following items are not allowed in the testing lab: food and drinks, your personal scratch sheet, calculators, electronic devices, unauthorized aids, smart watches and cell phones.
Spring (February-May 2019)HOURS OF OPERATION
|TSI Testing Hours||Office Hours|
|Monday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday:||9:45 am - *4:00 pm||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday:||8:30 am - *2:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
of every month
|9:00 am - *9:30 am
(Not late arrivals after 9:30 am)
|9:00 am - 1:00 pm|
TSI Testing for San Antonio College students only.
No Appointments Required
Students are not allowed to come in past the cut-off testing times. The Essay test must be completed by closing of the lab, other tests may be saved and continued the following testing date. (all sections must be completed within 6 days).
This policy applies to the TSI Exam only.
TSI Testing Accommodations
Services are available upon request from the student and must be supported by documentation supplied by a credentialed or certified person (PhD, MD, diagnostic credential). To request accommodations for TSI testing please visit the disABILITY Support Services (DSS), Moody Learning Center 1st floor or call (210) 486-0020 to schedule an appointment to meet with a dSS Advisor.
Oscar San Miguel, Associate Director
Fletcher Administration - FAC112
San Antonio College
Assessment Center - FAC 112
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 7821
You may email or fax the signed form with a copy of a valid Photo ID. Please allow approximately 3-5 business day to process official score reports.
The following sites are not affiliated with San Antonio College or the College:
General Office Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 7:00 pm