Assessment and Testing
The San Antonio College Assessment and Testing Center provides testing services to students of San Antonio College and to the Community. Services include test administration of the TSI Exam for college placement, CLEP, TEAS, TCEQ, GED and external proctoring of the TSI. We evaluate student TSI status, and advise students on any pending TSI issues for TSI compliance. We also process our student's test scores such as AP, SAT,IB, GED, CLEP, and TSI. We are very supportive of our Online Learners by providing one time virtual or remote testing placement services on the TSI and provide student advise on the enrollment process.
The TSI Exam (Texas Success Initiative) is the only approved computerized placement test. The state mandated program is designed to help determine if the student is ready for college-level course in the general areas of reading, writing, and mathematics. The TSI Assessment minimum passing standards for college readiness are:
Mathematics: score 350
Reading: score 351
Writing: score of 340 and 4+ on essay or a score of less than 340, and an ABE Diagnostic level of at least 4, and an essay score of at least 5.
Students who score below the cut scores are placed in the appropriate developmental course and will need to earn a "C" or better.
Please submit any official documents that can exempt you from testing, TSI Requirement Exemptions, to our office in FAC 112 or send a scanned copy to sac-Assessment@alamo.edu (please include a copy of a valid photo ID and your banner number in the email).
If you have taken the TSI Assessment within the last 5 years at a testing site outside of the Alamo Colleges, you may complete an online release form that will give permission to our office to access and import your scores. Click on the SAC Cross Institutional Reporting Form below to complete and submit.
What is needed to take the TSI Exam?
Please review the complete list of items needed in order to test:
- Must have completed an ApplyTexas application for one of the Alamo Colleges at ApplyTexas or have an active application on file at one of the Alamo Colleges District.
- Submit official High School transcripts or GED scores as well as any college/university transcripts previously attended to Admissions and Records.
- Login to ACES, select the "Start Here" tab, checklist items 1, 2, and 3 must be completed before you are eligible to test.
- Click on the "Enroll" buttons to begin and complete the required MyMaps Alamo Enroll modules (Test Prep Module and GO FAARR module).
- Banner ID Number (To look up your Banner ID Number, select the "My Page" tab on your ACES account and scroll down to "My Advisor." You will need your Banner ID Number written down the day of testing).
- TSI Fees - Full Exam $32, Single Subject $12. Cash, electronic checks or credit cards accepted. Please pay for the exam at our testing center, testing fees are non-refundable.
- No Appointment needed to take the TSI Exam, please see the walk-in times below.
Acceptable forms of Identification
Please review the acceptable forms of identification per the 2018 Collegeboard Rules and Guidelines:
- Current and valid ID; expired documents are not acceptable
- ID must be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable and documents cannot be presented on a cell phone or any electronic device
- ID must have a recognizable photograph
- ID must bear your first and last name
- Driver's license/state approved or federal ID (with DOB and signature)
- Current high school ID
- Tribal ID
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
TSI Exam Schedule and Office Hours
Fall (September 1st - November 30th)HOURS OF OPERATION
|TSI Testing Hours||Office Hours|
|Monday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday:||9:45 am - *4:00 pm||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday:||8:30 am -*2:30 pm||8:00 am - 5:00pm|
|Friday:||8:30 am - *2:00 pm||8:00 am - 5:00pm|
9:00 am - 9:30 am
|9:00 am - 1:00pm|
*Students are not allowed to come in past the cut-off testing times.
No Appointments Required
Students are not allowed to come in past the cut-off testing times. The Essay test must be completed by closing of the lab, other tests may be saved and continued the following testing date. (all sections must be completed within 6 days).
If your college or university needs your TSI scores that were taken at San Antonio College, we recommend that you contact their Testing Center to retrieve your scores through Cross-Institution Reporting in Accuplacer. All public Texas schools have access to these scores through Accuplacer.
If you are still in need of these TSI scores, click the SAC Student Consent Form below and allow approximately 2-3 business days to process your request.
TSI Testing Accommodations
Services are available upon request from the student and must be supported by documentation supplied by a credentialed or certified person (PhD, MD, diagnostic credential). To request accommodations for TSI testing please visit the disABILITY Support Services (DSS), Moody Learning Center 1st floor or call (210) 486-0020 to schedule an appointment to meet with a dSS Advisor.
Oscar San Miguel
Fletcher Administration - FAC112
San Antonio College
Assessment Center - FAC 112
1819 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78212
The following sites are not affiliated with San Antonio College or the College:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 7:00 pm