What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components. Sponsored by MarylandOnline, Inc, Quality Matters has generated widespread interest and received national recognition for its peer-based approach to quality assurance and continuous improvement in online education.
|QM Peer Review Process||Course Review Form||FAQ|
|APPQMR Completers||Current Peer Reviewers||Rubric|
|Texas QM Subscriptions||QM Course Worksheet||My QM|
|Click HERE to see the upcoming APPQMR workshops.|
San Antonio College and Faculty will benefit greatly from implementing Quality Matters
in the following ways:
Quality Matters processes benefit both individual faculty and their institutions in the following ways:
• Improved student learning outcomes and retention
• Adoption of a systematic and comprehensive continuous quality assurance
process that includes faculty training, course development, and course revisions
that are aligned with accreditation standards
• Incorporation of new technologies and research findings
• Opportunity to engage in benchmarking activities with peer institutions
• Ongoing faculty professional development
• Increased flexibility, creativity, and divergent thinking
• Increased efficiency in using institutional resources
QM Program Components
QM is based on nationally recognized best practices and built on the expertise of instructional designers and experienced online teachers. QM Consists of three
- The QM Rubric.
To obtain a copy of the fully-annotated version of the rubric, attend the APPQMR
training available at San Antonio College.
- The Course Review Process.
- QM Professional Development Opportunities for faculty.
The first QM workshop (APPQMR) is available for registration at San Antonio College. Access AlamoTalent to register.
or more information and a downloadable PDF of the Rubric, visit https://www.qualitymatters.org/rubric.
The materials found on this website are used with the express consent of MarylandOnline@2014. All rights reserved.