Student Advocacy Center
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1st Saturday of the month 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
The Student Advocacy Center grab-and-go snacks/drinks are available daily to students at the center. The Store and Magic Closet are available by appointment. To schedule these services please contact the Advocacy Center helpline at (210) 486-1111.
We will continue to offer counseling and case management appointments through Zoom or in person if requested. Your personal information will be secure, confidential, and the staff will be in a private room.
If you have questions and do not need immediate assistance feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Additionally, we will be posting resources we find on our Facebook page, so be sure to like/follow us @SACadvocacycenter.
Staff/Faculty: To refer a student, click here. This form is specifically for Advocacy Services and will be directed to the Director of Student Advocacy for follow-up. Please fill out the form entirely. (This form is not for student use)
Changing the lives of our students by providing them with the resources they need to meet their basic needs so they are able to focus on their academics, increasing student performance, retention, and graduation rates, contributing to a healthy, stable, and educated community.
Officially opened in Fall of 2016, the Student Advocacy Center serves, students, faculty, and staff with a variety of programs and services to help them succeed. The Student Advocacy Center is driven by our own SAC work-study students, as well as Social Work, Counseling, and Public Health interns, from colleges across San Antonio, providing a collaborative approach to our client's needs.
The following services are offered at the Student Advocacy Center:
• A food pantry is available to students, staff, and faculty twice a month.
• A Clothes Closet available to students, staff, and faculty twice a month.
Book Voucher Program
• Students can apply for book vouchers, which can be used at the SAC campus bookstore. Supplies are limited.
Case Management Services through Referrals:
• Application for public assistance including SNAP benefits, WIC or Medicaid.
• Emergency assistance – For services and support including housing, health care, child care, and utility assistance.
• Daily snack and drink offered to students.
Low-cost Internet and Devices
• Programs are available to bridge the digital divide by providing students with low-cost internet service. Learn more
Student Advocacy Center Events
Increase student retention rates by supporting student's unmet socio-economic or mental health needs which exist outside the classroom and negatively impact levels of stress, focus, and student performance.
We will demonstrate respect and care for each student as we endeavor to deeply understand their needs and work tirelessly to help remove barriers to critical basic-needs resources using holistic assessment and case management as a best practice.
Jillian L Denman, MS, LPC-S
Student Advocacy Center (AC)