The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
With the assistance of health sciences consultants, four categories of health sciences professions were defined. The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, essential math, basic science, and English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS are those which health sciences educators deem the most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level skills and abilities of program applicants. This allows St. Philip's College to have the pertinent information needed to make normative comparisons.
The TEAS is required for ALL applicants (Allied Health & Nursing) regardless of educational status. Phlebotomy is the only program that does not require the TEAS.
TEAS Registration (only available online)
- You will need to create an account (no quotation marks, no period after St, no apostrophe in Philips) for the school.
- Use "St Philips College ALLIED HEALTH" exam for Allied Health, non-Nursing applicants.
- Use "St Philips College (PN) PRACTICAL NURSING" exam for Vocational Nursing applicants.
- Use "St Philips College TEAS VI (Nursing)" exam for Career Mobility - LVN/Military to RN, A.A.S. applicants.
- Cost of the exam is $102.00 + tax (price may change).
- The dates for the examination are provided during the registration process. It may be taken at St. Philip's College (in room 301 and/or 303 of the Center for Health Professions) or at a site more convenient to your location.
- In the event that testing spots are at capacity at St. Philip's College, please schedule testing at another ATI TEAS testing site.
- NOTE: If you do not take the ATI TEAS test at St. Philip's College, you must pay to have your transcript sent to the college.
Interested students, please note:
Tutoring services are limited to St. Philip’s College home campus students OR students who are actively enrolled in a St. Philip’s College Health Professions-related course that requires TEAS test preparation (No exceptions).
For more information and registration questions, please contact Mary Holguin at email@example.com or the ATI TEAS call center at 1-800-667-7531.
For ATI TEAS tutoring, please contact the SPC tutoring center at 210-486-2527.