The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
With the assistance of health sciences consultants, four categories of health sciences professions were defined. The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, essential math, basic science, and English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS are those which health sciences educators deem the most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level skills and abilities of program applicants. This allows St. Philip's College to have the pertinent information needed to make normative comparisons.
The TEAS is required for ALL applicants (Allied Health & Nursing) regardless of educational status. Phlebotomy is the only program that does not require the TEAS.
Tuesdays and Thursdays in June and July starting June 9th at 9:00 am
For more information contact Mary Helen Holguin at MHolguin25@alamo.edu.
TEAS Registration (only available online)
- You will need to create an account at ATItesting.com (no quotation marks, no period after St, no apostrophe in Philips) for the school.
- After you have created your account go to the Online Store and select “Register for TEAS”
- Select ALLIED HEALTH exam for Allied Health, non-Nursing applicants.
- Select NURSING exam for all Nursing applicants.
- Cost of the exam is $107.00 + tax (price may change).
- The dates for the examination are provided during the registration process. At this time it is offered online only
- You will need to have a computer with webcam and microphone capabilities, Chrome, and stable internet.
- You will need to have viewed the TEAS Testing with Proctorio Orientation video prior to testing.
- You will need to read the Student Quick Start Guide below, prior to testing also.
- ON the day before the test you will be emailed a code and further information
- NOTE: If you do not take the ATI TEAS test at St. Philip's College, you must pay to have your transcript sent to the college, or you may mail it in with your application.
Interested students, please note:
Tutoring services are limited to St. Philip’s College home campus students OR students who are actively enrolled in a St. Philip’s College Health Professions-related course that requires TEAS test preparation (No exceptions).
For more information and registration questions, please contact Mary Holguin at email@example.com or the ATI TEAS call center at 1-800-667-7531.
For ATI TEAS tutoring, please contact the SPC tutoring center at 210-486-2527.