The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
With the assistance of health sciences consultants, four categories of health sciences professions were defined. The ATI Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, essential math, basic science, and English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS are those which health sciences educators deem the most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level skills and abilities of program applicants. This allows St. Philip's College to have the pertinent information needed to make normative comparisons.
TEAS Registration (only available online)
At this time TEAS is not being offered through St. Philip’s. We hope to begin offering TEAS again remotely, by mid-February. We will post dates as soon as we are ready.
- You will need to create an account at ATItesting.com (no quotation marks, no period after St, no apostrophe in Philips when listing the institution).
- After you have created your account go to your homepage, and to the Online Store that is listed above the Tabs.
- On the left-hand side towards the top, under Register For click TEAS at ATI
- Select ALLIED HEALTH exam for Allied Health, non-Nursing applicants.
- Select NURSING exam for all Nursing applicants.
- Follow the prompts and choose a date and time to take your exam. You will be taking it remotely through ATI
- The cost of the exam is $115.00 + tax (price may change).
- At this time it is offered online only. You will see Remote Proctoring on options
- You will need to have a computer with webcam and microphone capabilities, Chrome, and stable internet.
You will need to have viewed the TEAS Testing with Proctorio Orientation video prior to testing.
- You will need to read the Student Quick Start Guide below, prior to testing also.
- ON the day before the test you will be emailed a test code and further information
- NOTE: If you do not take the ATI TEAS test at St. Philip's College, you must pay to have your transcript sent to the college, or you may print or download your results after you complete your exam, so that you may mail them in with your application.
Interested students, please note:
Tutoring services are limited to St. Philip’s College home campus students OR students who are actively enrolled in a St. Philip’s College Health Professions-related course that requires TEAS test preparation (No exceptions).
For ATI TEAS tutoring, please contact the SPC tutoring center at 210-486-2527.
For more information and registration questions, please contact Blanca Padilla at BPadilla@alamo.edu or at 210-486-2444, or the ATI TEAS call center at 1-800-667-7531.