Veterans Center FAQ

updated 9/29/2022

How to access Enrollment Certification Form?
How often do I need to submit my VA forms?

Every semester AND any time there is a change to your schedule, your major, or your primary institution.

When do I submit Enrollment Certification Form supporting documents?

After you register for courses for the term. (every semester)

What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

A Certificate of Eligibility is a letter you will receive via postal mail 4 to 6 weeks after you apply for the federal benefit. You can submit the application confirmation in lieu of the COE until it arrives if it is your first time applying for a benefit. Once your COE arrives, please send a scanned copy to

How to submit supporting documents?

You will need to attach all supporting documentation to the Enrollment Certification Form using the paperclip icon on the second page of the VA Enrollment Request form.


What is the Claim Number for Chapter 35?

The claim number for Chapter 35 is the veteran’s 9-digit social security number and is to be stated in the second form of the VA Enrollment Request Form. 


What if one or more of my courses is cancelled?

You will need to submit a new Enrollment Certification Form using the link: 

Enrollment Certification Form

What if I change my schedule?

You will need to submit a new Enrollment Certification Form using the link after you have made the changes.

Enrollment Certification Form

How do I change/update my residency if I am considered “Out-of-State”?

Please contact or call 210-486-5827 about residency in order to receive accurate information. Each student may have different forms and supporting documentation requirements for residency updates

Military Residency Form

What is the best way to contact Northeast Lakeview College’s Veteran Center?

Email us at during remote operating hours and allow 2-3 business days for a reply. Always send through your ACES student email and state your Banner ID for all correspondence for faster response time.

What is best way to contact the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs?

For VA Benefit information please call 8008271000. For the GI Bill hotline call 8884424551. For other helpful VA phone numbers please visit:

How much money will I receive from my benefit?

Please access VA.Gov and use the search to find the “Comparison Tool”