The following non-U.S. citizens are eligible to establish and maintain a domicile in this state for the purposes of subsection (a)(2) or (3) under the Determination of Residency.
- A Permanent Resident: a student will need to submit an up-to-date copy of their Resident Card (I-551).
- A person who is eligible for permanent resident status: A person who has filed an I-485 application for permanent residency and has been issued a fee/filing receipt or notice of action by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) showing that his or her I-485 has been reviewed and has not been rejected. Students should submit their latest I-797 form.
- An eligible nonimmigrant who holds one of the types of visas posted on the Coordinating Board’s website. Students will need to submit copies of their passports, visa, I-94, and other documents as requested.
- A person classified by the USCIS as a Refugee, Asylee, Parolee, Conditional Permanent Resident, or Temporary Resident
- Nonimmigrants (including undocumented citizens) may claim residency in Texas if they meet the following conditions:
- Graduated or will graduate from a Texas high school or receive their GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided in Texas for three years leading up to graduation from high school or received my GED certificate in Texas.
- Resided or will have resided in Texas for the 12 months prior to the census date of the semester in which he/she will enroll.
- Has filed or will file an application to become a permanent resident at the earliest opportunity that he/she is eligible to do so.
- Students in this category must complete an Affidavit.
Brazos Student Union 114
210-212-5266 (21ALAMO) or 210-486-5401
8:00 am - 7:00 pm
(last student check-in at 6:30 pm)
8:00 am – 6:00 pm
(last student check-in at 5:30 pm)
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
(last student check-in at 4:30 pm)
First Saturday of the month
9:00 am – 1:00 pm
(last student at 12:30 pm)
October 1st, November 5th, December 3rd