Please visit the ACD Academic/Registration Calendars for important dates and deadlines.
Due to our current remote status, ALL Advising Appointments will be conducted remotely via Video Conferencing or Phone at this time.
Please log into ACES and schedule an appointment through NAVIGATE!
Please ensure you have the latest version of Zoom installed on your computers. After 30 May 2020, those who do not have at least version 5 will not be able to join meetings. Details here: https://zoom.us/docs/en-us/zoom-v5-0.html.
Details on how to update here: https://youtu.be/oialTdSptZQ. IT credentials are not required but are happy to assist. Call us at 210-486-5777 or email IT at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide a call-back number
COVID-19 Information & Resources for Students
Northeast Lakeview College Information Technology has laptops and hotspots available for loan to students. Students can initiate a request by calling the Help Desk (210-486-5777 - Option 3) or by completing the following form:
Students calling the Help Desk will have their information verified, including registration, and a curbside pick up will be scheduled.
Students submitting a request by an online form will receive a call from IT within 24 hrs. to schedule a curbside pick up.
Students MUST be registered for the Fall 2020 semester to qualify for device check-out
|COVID-19 Updates and FAQ||District Student Resources|
|Home Internet Access for Students||Quick Canvas Guide||Wi-Fi Map|
|College Contact Information||Faculty & Staff Directory|
Experience NLC's new and convenient One-click Tutoring service!
With a single click, you can connect with tutors to help with your studies Mon-Thurs 9 am - 7 pm, Fri 9 am – 2 pm, & Sat 9 am – 1 pm. Buttons for Writing, Math, and Science can be found below the tutor-introduction video on www.alamo.edu/nlc/tutoring.
These Zoom sessions with tutors who specialize in the discipline are open sessions, and no appointment is required.
After hours, you can access Brainfuse through Aces or your Canvas course. Get individualized help or bring your friends to study together!
Any questions, contact Kathy Bryson at email@example.com or (210) 580-6658. We are here to help you excel!
How will we communicate with you:
- ACES e-mail account: The official form of communication. We will be sending you updates, so please check regularly.
- CANVAS: Your instructors may be communicating with you through your CANVAS course.
- Please check the following website for general COVID-19 updates: https://www.alamo.edu/covid-19/
- Please check the following website for updates on student resources: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/news-events/covid-19-info/
Social Media: please check the college’s social media channels for updates and information. If you haven’t subscribed yet, you can like/follow us at:
How you can communicate with us:
- E-mail: We will be checking our e-mail regularly, so please reach out to us.
- Chat: Some college websites have a chat feature.
- Call: We do not have the equipment to take calls at this time, but please call and leave a message with the following: Name, Banner ID, state the reason for the call and a callback #.
- Voicemails will be checked daily and responded to via email.
- Please continue to check our website as we prepare to support your testing needs. If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Virtual Tour:
- Please take a virtual tour of our beautiful campus and review the campus presentation for new students.
New Students (First Time in College):
- We are very excited about your interest in NLC: Please visit: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/admissions--aid/ to start your enrollment process.
Transfer, Transient and Returning Students:
- We support all students, regardless of where you are in your academic journey. Please contact Renee Higgins at email@example.com.
- We are prepared to support you holistically as you continue your academic journey remotely. Please schedule an appointment with your advisor to continue your academic journey at NLC.
The Alamo Colleges District Veterans Affairs Offices are providing advising and benefit certification services to our students remotely due to the ongoing COVID 19 situation. Please contact your home campus VA office by email or phone by using the information found in the “Contact Us” tab below. The VA has provided some guidance pertaining to the payment of housing allowance for students who have had all of their courses converted to online courses as a result of COVID 19 campus closures as follows:
Students using VA and Hazlewood benefits for the upcoming Maymester, Summer, and Fall 2020 semesters can follow this link to submit your certification documents online
You may also email your assigned VA advisor for information on how to submit your requests to have your courses certified or firstname.lastname@example.org for general information. Please be aware that all advising appointments are being conducted remotely and your advisor will work with you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Classes for all of the Alamo Colleges will resume on March 23 for all students. Face-to-Face courses will resume through remote teaching and learning. Face-to-face classes will meet remotely as a class at the regularly scheduled time and day using a video conferencing tool called Zoom. Each Face-to-Face class will also have a Canvas course established to help facilitate remote learning.
Canvas will be the primary means of communication from now on for face-to-face courses while in remote learning. Faculty will use the Canvas announcements and inbox features to share information about coursework. Students should review their course syllabus, consistently watch for messages in Canvas regarding coursework, and participate in Zoom sessions during the remote instruction period.
In preparation for remote learning, students are strongly encouraged to begin monitoring their Aces email and Canvas on Monday, March 23rd. In addition, students are strongly encouraged to take the one-hour training called Remote Ready Boot Camp: Student, which is available to them in Canvas as soon as possible.
Attention: We are extending the payment deadline for Flex II. Please check the website for updates!
- Please visit the Financial Aid website at https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/financial-aid/financial-aid-tv/ or call Local: 210-21ALAMO (210-212-5266) Toll-Free: 1-844-20ALAMO (1-844-202-5266) to speak to a Financial Aid counselor, Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm; Thursdays 8:00 am-7:00 pm.
If you need to pay your tuition for the semester, please visit https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/business-office/.
- Credit Card: Pay on-line through your ACES Account
- Check: Pay on-line through your ACES account.
- Cash: Alamo College is still working on a process to pay by cash. Please check the website for updates.
While we engage in remote learning, Northeast Lakeview College still has tutoring with both our regular in-house tutors and external tutors through Brainfuse. Brainfuse provides support for all Alamo Colleges students.
Brainfuse Online Tutoring can be accessed from within ACES or from any Canvas course:
- Select Live Help if you have a quick question – sessions are 30 minutes.
- Select Tutor Match if you want to work with one of NLC’s in-house tutors.
- Select Writing Lab if you want a paper reviewed in 24 hours.
- You may also email your paper to email@example.com
You have 7 hours for use with Live Help and the Writing Lab. Your time in Tutor Match is unlimited, but please respect the needs of others and only book up to 2 hours twice a week.
Brainfuse Tech Support:
If you need more time or have questions, you can:
- Join one of our regular Math or Writing workshops online through Zoom – just click on any workshop listed here
- Check out any of the self-help tutorials in Brainfuse or that the ASC provides:
- Email Kathy Bryson at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a private Zoom session
All check-out materials from the NLC Library will now be due on Aug 14, 2020. We have automatically extended the due dates. Please hold onto your checked-out materials until we return to campus.
The Library will be sending out announcements via Nighthawk Notes, Facebook posts, the Library website, and LibGuides. Please check these throughout this time.
During this remote period, printed materials will be unavailable for circulation. However, you can access all electronic resources through the library’s website.
The Library’s Virtual Reference Desk will be manned from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM on Friday. We will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. During open hours, you can contact us via chat or phone: (210) 486-5388. To chat with us, click on the green chat box button located in the lower left-hand corner of the Library’s website. Have a question while we are closed, email it to email@example.com. We will respond by the next business day.
Remember, the Library is here to support you. Reach out to us if you have any questions.
Career Advising: Our Career Services Specialist is trained to help you choose an academic plan that is going to be the best fit for you. Please contact our Career Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/academics/academic-resources/career-services/ for information.
Advisors: Your Certified Advisor is the main point of contact as you are progressing through your degree. They are knowledgeable about degree requirements and resources on and off-campus.
If you have any questions about your degree, holds, transfer of credit, registration, please schedule an appointment with your advisor by emailing your advisor directly. You can find your advisor's email at: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/advising/.
You can also use the “Chat” feature and ask one of our advisors a question! M-F 8:00-5:00 and Thursday 8:00-7:00.
Transfer Advising: You can visit our Transfer Advising Guides for information about what classes to take when transferring to a four-year institution. http://myalamocatalog.alamo.edu/index.php
At NLC, we are prepared to provide wrap-around support and this may come in different forms. Some of the services available include a food store, book voucher program, counseling, and referrals for public assistance.
The Alamo Colleges Helpline is available Monday-Thursday 8 am - 7 pm and Fridays 8 am - 5 pm at (210) 486-1111.
You can contact the NLC Advocacy Center via our website
We want to make sure you get the support you need to complete your courses successfully. Please visit:
Am I still going to graduate?
Absolutely! Please visit the Graduation website to apply for graduation: https://www.alamo.edu/nlc/experience-nlc/current-students/graduation/
We are still working on Commencement, so please continue to check the website for updates.
The health and wellness of students and staff of Alamo Colleges District is our highest priority. Out of an abundance of caution, the Alamo Colleges District has made some temporary changes to the way we provide instruction and operate in light of the growing concerns related to the coronavirus.
- Updates for both work-study and financial aid students will be posted as they become available on the financial aid homepage: https://www.alamo.edu/admission--aid/paying-for-college/financial-aid/ (scroll down to the news section for the latest information)
- All study abroad programs for summer are canceled. We will continue to evaluate future programs as the situation evolves.
- Update your AlamoAlert (RAVE) settings and & Contact Information. Instructions are located here.
Student Hotline Hours:
Monday – Thursday 8 am - 7 pm