Teaching and Learning Resources
Instructor Training: LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor Webinars
This comprehensive training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor with online exams. The session provides a detailed demonstration of both applications, including enhancements that make Respondus Monitor even more effective and easy to use.
- Monday, April 27 at 12 pm ET (9 am PT)
- Wednesday, April 29 at 3 pm ET (12 pm PT)
- Thursday, April 30 at 1 pm ET (10 am PT)
- Tuesday, May 5 at 1 pm ET (10 am PT)
- Wednesday, May 6 at 2 pm ET (11 am PT)
- Thursday, May 7 at 4 pm ET (1 pm PT)
- Monday, May 11 at 4 pm ET (1 pm PT)
- Thursday, May 14 at 2 pm ET (11 am PT)
- Tuesday, May 19 at 1 pm ET (10 am PT)
- Thursday, May 21 at 3 pm ET (12 pm PT)
- Wednesday, May 27 at 2 pm ET (11 am PT)
- Friday, May 29 at 12 pm ET (9 am PT)
New Webinar for 'Turnitin Best Practices':
Turnitin is a web-based plagiarism detection software available for instructors, find more information here: https://www.turnitin.com
Log into AlamoTalent to register for training:
Utilize Kahoot!’s free distance learning tools
Self-paced challenge mode is a free feature that’s already available for all educators. Students can complete self-paced games by themselves at home, on a mobile device or computer. This game mode helps students stay on track with their curriculum, even when they can’t attend school. Teachers can also access over 40 million free and ready-to-play games on various subjects or create their own games.
A basic version of Kahoot!, with robust features, is and will always be available for free for teachers and schools.
How to Sign Up > Kahoot Sign up Process.pdf
Visit Kahoot Website > Click
Need a Scanner?
: Click on link for turning your Smartphone into a scanner:
USDLA-Untied States Distance Learning Association - Click
USDLA- Weekly Webinars ( April - May )
Online courses offered to prepare you for distant learning. The primary audience is the new or nearly new online instructor, but information for the more experienced distance educator will also be provided.
eLumen Faculty Resources
Support resources are available for faculty through the learning assessment website: https://alamo.edu/sac/ippe/assessment/elumen
Click on the links below for further training and resources: