Get a head start on the Spring semester and earn a few extra credits during SAC’s Wintermester!
Wintermester is a mini semester within the Spring semester. This means if you're enrolled for Spring you're automatically enrolled for Wintermester and you do not need to apply separately.
Spring 2023 registration is now open.
Future students can enroll now.
Wintermester Important Dates
- Nov. 14 - Registration opens for all students
- Dec. 8 - Payment deadline
- Dec. 11 - Last day to withdraw with 100% refund
- Dec. 12 - Wintermester classes begin
- Dec.13 - Census date
- Dec. 14 - Any withdrawal requested on this day, or after, appears on transcripts as “W”
- Dec. 20 - 23 - Remote services available
- Dec. 26 - Last day to withdraw
- Dec. 30 - Final exams & last day of class
Please note: During our Winter Break, very limited virtual services will be available, through Zoom from December 20 through 23, for SAC students registered in Wintermester classes.
- Students registered for Wintermester, and no additional spring classes, must make payment in full by Thursday, December 8.
- Students registered for Wintermester, along with other spring courses, are encouraged to make payment in full or select one of the two following spring 2023 payment plans:
- Option 1: $1.00 due at sign up with 34% down payment and three more payments.
- Option 5: $1.00 due at sign up with 10% down payment and 8 more payments.
Financial Aid and Payment Plans
All students, including AlamoPROMISE, are responsible for paying their tuition and fees upfront for Wintermester. Please note, students will be credited for the classes when aid is disbursed during the long session each semester.
Students registered in Wintermester can use a payment plan if they are taking additional regular-term spring courses. There is not a payment plan solely for Wintermester.
During this three-week term, we offer an array of courses including English, Math, History and more.
- ARTS 1301, Art Appreciation
- ASTR 1304, Solar System Lecture
- CHEM 1307, Intro Chemistry Lecture II
- CMSW 1353, Family Intervention Strategies
- CRIJ 1301, Intro to Criminal Justice
- CRIJ 1306, Court Systems and Practices
- CRIJ 1310, Fundamentals of Criminal Law
- DRAM 1310, Intro Theatre/Appreciation
- EDUC 1300, Learning Framework
- ENGL 1301, Composition I
- ENGL 1302, Composition II
- ENGL 2311, Technical Writing
- GOVT 2305, Federal Government
- GOVT 2306, Texas Government
- HIST 1301, United States History I
- HIST 1302, United States History II
- HUMA 1301, Intro to Humanities I
- HUMA 2323, World Cultures
- KINE 1338, Concepts of Physical Fitness
- MATH 1314, College Algebra
- MATH 1342, Elementary Statistical Methods
- MDCA 1313, Medical Terminology
- PHIL 2306, Introduction to Ethics
- PSYC 2301, General Psychology
- PSYC 2314, Lifespan Growth/Development
- SDEV 171, Strategies for Success
- SOCI 1301, Introductory Sociology
- SPCH 1311, Intro To Speech Communication
- SPCH 1315, Public Speaking
- SPCH 1318, Interpersonal Communication
- SPCH 1321, Business and Professional Communication