Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA)
The Business Information Solutions department at St. Philip's College is pleased to announce free Income Tax Preparation services.
Our Volunteer Income Tax (VITA) Program has been a successful tax preparation site for over 20 years, processing over 4,000 income tax returns for students and community members annually.
Client services include free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program classroom instruction from volunteer tax preparers, and free asset- and wealth-building education services. We offer assistance to individuals and families who earn up to $60,000 annually.
We look forward to serving you this tax year.
Day and Time:
December 17 - 20
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Opening dates are January 22, 2019 - April 15, 2019. See schedule below:
- Monday and Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Please note: We are a virtual site and we do drop at times. We offer My Free Texas (MFT) to clients that choose to do their own tax preparation.
- Driver’s License or government issued I.D.
- Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for all members in your family
- All family member W-2 Forms can Include; Unemployment Benefits (G), Interest from your bank (INT), Pensions, Annuities or Retirement Plans (R)
- If Filing Jointly, your spouse must be present
- Copy of prior year tax return (if applicable)
- 1099 Forms (if applicable)
processed in refunds for over 4,000 local clients in preparation service.
ensured to the clients in child tax credit.
in Earned Income Credit.
clients served consisting of Single, Head of Household, or Married filing Jointly clients.
MLK Bowden Building (BOWD), 110