International Student Services
Welcome, Bienvenue, Bienvenidos, Bem vindo!
Thank you for your interest in attending St. Philip's College, a community college that provides educational opportunities in over one hundred fifty programs. International students are welcome at the college, because such students bring with them a variety of cultures and languages that ultimately enrich the campus community, and help prepare all students for the challenges of an increasingly interdependent world.
International Student Services is in partnership with the West African Management Services (WAMS) and the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission (SACM). We proudly host students from Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, Central America, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
Our staff in the International Student Services Office is committed to helping you achieve your educational goals by providing for the special needs of international students, ensuring compliance with the laws and regulations of the Department of Homeland Security, and promoting internationalization through our services and programs.
International Student Services (ISS) provides many resources for all visa holders. We offer individual advising and services in the following areas:
- Immigration matters, such as obtaining F-1 student visas, maintaining full-time enrollment, transferring administration of your SEVIS I-20 record between schools, and traveling outside of the United States
- Employment restrictions and options and obtaining work authorization
- Information about medical insurance coverage
- Adjustment to St. Philip's College and to life in San Antonio and the United States
- Providing letters for verification of your F-1 status for various purposes, such as obtaining a Texas driver's license or identification card
- Academic Advising available to assist ELL and international students with course and program planning
Shawnta Davis, PDSO
MLK Welcome Center (WEC) 106J