What is the Restaurant Management program?
The Mission of the Restaurant Management Program is to prepare students for supervisory positions in a variety of departments in the restaurant industry, including, kitchen food production, dining room service, catering sales, and management, the front of the house management back of the house management, purchasing and inventory controls.
What will I learn?
How to manage the people, products, facilities, and financial concerns of a commercial foodservice operation, including restaurant, hotel food and beverage, corporate dining, catering, and more!
What can I do with this course of study?
Restaurants, Catering, Entertainment, and Recreation
What's special about the program?
The Restaurant Management degree at SPC prepares the student to manage the people, products, facilities, and financial concerns of a commercial food service operation, including restaurant, hotel food and beverage, corporate dining, catering, and more! The foundation knowledge and skills acquired at SPC can lead to careers across the US and around the world with many corporate employment opportunities.
The program was recognized as an Exemplary Workforce Education Program by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
Restaurant Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify and apply the knowledge and skills necessary for hospitality and tourism operations.
- Develop and integrate a core set of business skills necessary to successfully operate a hospitality and tourism organization.
- Demonstrate competence in the communication skills necessary for hospitality and tourism management.
- Formulate business decisions in hospitality and tourism management.
- Evaluate leadership principles necessary in the diverse and global hospitality and tourism industry.
Frank Salinas, CCC, CCE, M.Ed
MLK Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts (THCA) Building, 318A
MLK Tourism, Hospitality and Culinary Arts (THCA) Building, 302
ACPHA Accredited Program - Grant of Accreditation for seven years