The State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) is a national initiative to provide more access to online courses while maintaining compliance standards with state regulatory agencies. SARA allows institutions to provide online courses outside of their own state borders by seeking and maintaining state approvals via a streamlined process. To learn more about SARA, please visit:

NC-SARA is a voluntary, regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education.

Current authorized SARA member states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, and U.S. Virgin Islands.

NC-SARA Complaint Information can be found at:

Professional License/Licensure

Out-of-state students enrolled in a program leading to professional licensure

Northeast Lakeview College has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). However, NC-SARA does not deal with professional licensing board approval for any courses or programs leading to professional licensure. If you are not a resident of Texas and you are taking an online course or hybrid program leading to professional licensure, please contact the program director of the degree program to discuss licensure options prior to beginning your course of study.

State Authorization Student Complaint Procedure

Northeast Lakeview College desires to resolve student grievances, complaints, and concerns in an expeditious, fair, and amicable manner. Students residing outside of Texas while attending Northeast Lakeview College who desire to resolve a grievance should first follow the college's complaint procedure found here:
Student Grievances

Northeast Lakeview College Student Complaint Process

Northeast Lakeview College is committed to a joyful culture of learning and service where unity in diversity occurs through mutual respect, cooperation, and accessibility. Northeast Lakeview College is committed to the appropriate resolution of complaints as efficiently and effectively as possible. We believe providing a mechanism for complaints and/or grievances to be heard gives us the opportunity to improve our services.

Please visit our NLC Grievance web page for more information on submitting a grievance.

If a complaint cannot be resolved through the institution's complaint process, students may file a complaint with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board unit. Please review the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board process here: 

SACSCOC Student Complaint Process

If for some reason, the complaint is not satisfactorily resolved, the next step would be to file a complaint with Northeast Lakeview College's institutional accreditor. NLC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Associate and Baccalaureate Degrees. Students who file a complaint with the institutional accreditor should follow the SACSCOC Complaint Process SACSCOC Complaint Process. The contact information for SACSCOC is:

Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097

Phone: 404-679-4500

NC-SARA Complaint Process

If there’s a complaint that can’t be resolved at the institution, then we turn to this process. Students may also file a complaint through NC-SARA.

Reminder: this is the process for an out-of-state student participating in a SARA-specific activity at any SARA-participating institution.

image3s5ec.png Student complaints about grades or student conduct may NOT be appealed to the SARA State Portal Entity. Complaints about fraud or criminal activity can go to any state Attorney General of the Office of Inspector General or complaint unit of the Dept of Education.