About SAC College Offices Integrated Planning and Performance Excellence Learning Assessment Learning Assessment Activities eLumen Support Resources for Chairs/Coordinators/DARs
Resources for Chairs/Coordinators/DARs
Video Resource Playlist: Learning Assessment – Chair/Coordinators/DARs
Fall 2021 – Get Ready Day!
Session provides review semester deliverables to support Chairs/Program Coordinators
• Video Recording: https://youtu.be/jyO-zchBsqM
• PDF file
- Viewing and Printing CSLOs for Each Course in Discipline: This document will give you an overview of your Course Student Learning Outcomes for each course in the discipline.
- Cleaning Up the Assessment Library: This document will show you how to “clean up” the shared assessment library. It is best to clean at the beginning of the academic year and be sure to work with faculty to decide on which assessment can be deactivated.
- Setting SLO Expectations OR Pushing Out Common Assessments: A discipline is either planning/pushing SLO Expectations or Common Assessments/Rubrics for every course for each part of term in Fall, Spring, and Summer. This document will show you how to do one or the other, but remember do not plan/push both an expectation and common assessment/rubric.
- Generating and Reading the Faculty Participation Report: This document will show you how to generate and read the Faculty Participation Report in eLumen. Generally two weeks before the end of the term, Chairs/Coordinators/DARS will run the participation report for their discipline(s) to identify faculty/adjunct faculty who have completed or not completed placing assessments and scoring assessments in eLumen.
- Generating a SLO Performance by Dept., Course, CSLO: This document will show you as a whole, if a course ourcome is performing above 70% in your department for any term identified.
- A&S SLO Performance by SLO Category with Course: This document will show you as a whole, how your discipline is performing in all of the Marketable Skills.
- PTE SLO Performance by SLO Category with Course: This document will show you as a whole, how your program is performing in all of your Program Student Learning Outcomes.
- Creating an Action Plan: This document will show you how to create an Action Plan for a CSLO that has fallen below the 70% mastery level. These action plans are revisited and updated each term to determine the progress of the outcomes.
- Viewing and Printing eLumen Curriculum Map: This document will help you run a report to show you what Program Student Learning Outcomes or Marketable Skills your Course Student Learning Outcomes are mapped to in the eLumen system.
- How to See Which CSLOs are Mapped to Marketable Skills Focus Areas: This document will show you how to get to the mapping area in eLumen to see which focus areas of the Marketable Skills that your Course Student Learning Outcomes are mapped to in the system.
- Mapping CSLO to PSLO-PTE-or CSLO to Marketable Skills-Arts and Sciences and PTE: This document will show how to map Course Student Learning Outcomes to Program Student Learning Outcomes as a PTE Program. If you are part of Arts and Sciences, your Course Student Learning Outcomes will be mapped to the Marketable Skills and this document will show you how to complete.
- Timeline: Learning Assessment Timeline for Chair
- Generating & Reading the Faculty Participation Report
Generating the Report
Reading the Report
- Setting up SLO Expectations for Course Sections OR Pushing Out Common Assessments
Plan SLOs and Push Assessments
Create and Assessment