What is eLumen?
eLumen is the software used by San Antonio College to automate the process for tracking mastery of student learning outcomes. ELumen is accessible through the login page at https://alamo.elumenapp.com. Training is available to learn how to create the assessment structure for each courses with linkages to program assessment within eLumen, how to input information regarding student assessment measures throughout the term, and how to access eLumen course reports at the end of each term. For technical support training information, please contact SAC's Office of Technology Services. For content assistance, contact the Learning Assessment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get it Done Days! Assessment eLumen Open Office Support Hours
The IPPE Learning Assessment office will host open hours to assist faculty to complete assessment in the eLumen platform. Refer to the schedule below for hours and ZOOM information.
|Date||Open Office Hours||Zoom Link|
|Friday, May 7||10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/98444464273|
|Wednesday, May 12||8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/98444464273|
|4 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/98444464273|
|Monday, May 17||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.||https://alamo.zoom.us/j/98444464273|
Video & PDF Guide: FACULTY Setting Up and Scoring Assessments with eLumen: This is a getting started document for faculty to use if they are new to the system or if a faculty member needs a refresher on adding, finding, or scoring assessments in eLumen.
- Viewing and Printing CSLOs for Each Course in Discipline: This document will give you an overview of your Course Student Learning Outcomes for each course in the discipline.
- Cleaning Up the Assessment Library: This document will show you how to “clean up” the shared assessment library. It is best to clean at the beginning of the academic year and be sure to work with faculty to decide on which assessment can be deactivated.
- Setting SLO Expectations OR Pushing Out Common Assessments: A discipline is either planning/pushing SLO Expectations or Common Assessments/Rubrics for every course for each part of term in Fall, Spring, and Summer. This document will show you how to do one or the other, but remember do not plan/push both an expectation and common assessment/rubric.
- Generating and Reading the Faculty Participation Report: This document will show you how to generate and read the Faculty Participation Report in eLumen. Generally two weeks before the end of the term, Chairs/Coordinators/DARS will run the participation report for their discipline(s) to identify faculty/adjunct faculty who have completed or not completed placing assessments and scoring assessments in eLumen.
- Generating a SLO Performance by Dept., Course, CSLO: This document will show you as a whole, if a course ourcome is performing above 70% in your department for any term identified.
- A&S SLO Performance by SLO Category with Course: This document will show you as a whole, how your discipline is performing in all of the Marketable Skills.
- PTE SLO Performance by SLO Category with Course: This document will show you as a whole, how your program is performing in all of your Program Student Learning Outcomes.
- Creating an Action Plan: This document will show you how to create an Action Plan for a CSLO that has fallen below the 70% mastery level. These action plans are revisited and updated each term to determine the progress of the outcomes.
- Viewing and Printing eLumen Curriculum Map: This document will help you run a report to show you what Program Student Learning Outcomes or Marketable Skills your Course Student Learning Outcomes are mapped to in the eLumen system.
- How to See Which CSLOs are Mapped to Marketable Skills Focus Areas: This document will show you how to get to the mapping area in eLumen to see which focus areas of the Marketable Skills that your Course Student Learning Outcomes are mapped to in the system.
- Mapping CSLO to PSLO-PTE-or CSLO to Marketable Skills-Arts and Sciences and PTE: This document will show how to map Course Student Learning Outcomes to Program Student Learning Outcomes as a PTE Program. If you are part of Arts and Sciences, your Course Student Learning Outcomes will be mapped to the Marketable Skills and this document will show you how to complete.
- Timeline: Learning Assessment Timeline for Chair
- Generating & Reading the Faculty Participation Report
Generating the Report
Reading the Report
- Setting up SLO Expectations for Course Sections OR Pushing Out Common Assessments
Plan SLOs and Push Assessments
Create and Assessment
- Setting Up and Scoring Assessments with eLumen: This is a getting started document for faculty to use if they are new to the system or if a faculty member needs a refresher on adding, finding, or scoring assessments in eLumen.
- Generating an SLO by Term Report: This document is generated by individual faculty members. It will show if Course Student Learning Outcomes are scoring above 70%. By viewing this document, faculty members can see the possible impact their assessment is making to the overall discipline outcome report, generated by Charis/Coordinators/DARS.
- How to See Which CSLOs are Mapped to Marketable Skills Focus Areas: This document helps a faculty member know the Marketable Skills Focus Areas that their Course Student Learning Outcomes are linked to in each course they are teaching.
- Generating a Faculty SLO by Course Report
How to Read a SLO by Term Report: http://sacms.alamo.edu/Mediasite/Play/5fab809c8d3346ffa55b6a62671e78c71d
- Charcteristics of good Learning Outcomes.doc
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success CHANGING PASSWORD
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success CREATING A CONTEXT
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success CREATING A ROSTER FOR A SETTING
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success CREATING A SETTING
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success CREATING AN ASSESSMENT FOR SCORING
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success HOW TO SCORE ASSESSMENT WITHOUT AN UPLOADED ROSTER - SCORING COLLECTIVE STUDENT SCORE ENTRY
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success HOW TO SCORE ASSESSMENTS WITH AN UPLOADED ROSTER
- eLumen Quick Guide Student Success LOGGING INTO THE SYSTEM