San Antonio College Technology Tips for Faculty and Staff: Hybrid Work Readiness
Dear SAC Faculty and Staff,
The following technology information is for SAC faculty and staff who may need to work from home or a location that is not their regular office location.
San Antonio College
Mon – Thu: 7am- 7pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Mon – Fri: 8am – 12am
Sat: 9am – 9pm
Sun: 11am – 12am
Zoom Remote Support
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
* Click on link to be directed to Zoom Meeting Room
Zoom Information Center Rooms
Link to Zoom Meeting Rooms
Instructional Technology Remote Information Center
Instructional Innovation Center (IIC) Training Calendar
Monthly training sessions are available for faculty and staff. Click Here to access the IIC Training Calendar. Access AlamoTalent via ACES, Employee Tab for information or to register for our trainings. To request a one-on-one training appointment, complete the One-on-One Training Request Form. Feel free to contact the IIC for other consulting and training needs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-486-0712.
Classroom Integrated Technology (CIT) Workshops
We are pleased to offer workshops to teach your students technology in support of your classroom assignments. Our computer support staff understands that your students sometimes have difficulty with technology integrated assignments. Faculty members can take advantage of monthly, free CIT Workshops offered by the Office of Technology Services – Student Mega Lab staff.
- Events Calendar Click here
- Events require registration. Click here to access the form.
- Events can be conducted during your scheduled class time.
- Each workshop is 50 minutes in length and can be repeated as many times as you wish.
We offer several workshops from which you can choose. Please see below for a roster of available classes:
- ACES/Canvas Overview/Email
- Intro to Computers
- Microsoft Office 365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Security Awareness Tips
- iPad Basics
San Antonio College Instructional Innovation Center (IIC) has and will continue to assemble an array of tools to help enhance the teaching and learning experience at San Antonio College. Click Here to learn more.
RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER HELP GUIDES
Zoom Help Guides
Zoom: Introduction and Basics
Best Practices for Securing Your Zoom Meetings:
How to Enable Passwords in Zoom:
How to Enable Waiting Room and Admit Participants into Zoom Session:
How to Record, Find and Review Recordings in Zoom:
How to Schedule, Record and Post in Canvas:
How to Download and Delete Zoom Cloud Recordings:
How to Download and Delete Zoom Cloud Recordings:
How to Download your Zoom Cloud Recordings and Upload to One Drive:
How to Upload Zoom videos to Mediasite:
Windows Remote Assist
FCC (Federal Communications Commission )
- Be cognizant of FERPA guidelines
- Do NOT save student data on your home computer
- Keep your home computer updated with antivirus/security software
- Do not click on links or attachments from senders that you do not recognize.
- Do not provide sensitive personal information (like usernames and passwords) over email.
- Watch for email senders that use suspicious or misleading domain names.
- Inspect URLs carefully to make sure they’re legitimate and not imposter sites.
- Do not try to open any shared document that you’re not expecting to receive.
- Be especially cautious when opening attachments or clicking links if you receive an email containing the Alamo Colleges District warning banner indicating that it originated from an external source.
Be cautious of social engineering attacks (spam, spoofing, phishing, baiting, malware, scareware, adware, etc.). Alamo Colleges Information Technology employees will never ask for your password in an email
Online Safety Basics: Read more here
Free Antivirus Product Choices:
Staying Safe on Zoom
|Security Tips every Teacher and Professor needs to know about Zoom:
|How to Enable Passwords in Zoom:
|How to Enable Waiting Room and Admit Participants into Zoom Session:
|How to Record, Find and Review Recordings in Zoom:
Employees who are working remotely, as well as faculty who will be teaching remotely should change their phone voice mail messages to reflect the situation.
Steps to Forward Office Phones to Cell Phones
- Instructions are included on AlamoShare – Employee Resources.
- Refer to the How to foward desk phone guide.
- The guide is in Alamo Share, therefore you will be prompted to login.
- The Alamo Share login is the username and password that you use to login to your office computer. Username format: sac\jsmith1234.
Steps to Access Office Voicemail Remotely
Refer to the guide: Accessing your Alamo Colleges District Voicemail from an external source
Steps to Access your Alamo Colleges Office Phone Greeting Management from an External Phone > Click Here
- At a minimum, the following technology is required to work remotely:
- Audio (Speakers/Microphone for Computer)
Need a Scanner?
Click on link below to find out how to turn your Smartphone into a scanner > https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-mobile-scanning-apps/
Programs are available to bridge the digital divide by providing Alamo Colleges students and employees with low-cost Internet Service. Visit the link below for additional information:
How to upload a file to Wisetrack