What is the Computer Programming program?
This degree plan helps prepare the student for an entry level position in programming computers. Entry-level computer programmers can update, repair, modify, and expand existing programs, and progress to perform analysis, design, and development of new programs. The programmer converts a computer-solution design - or design change into a logical series of instructions that the computer can follow. The programmer codes these instructions in any of a number of programming languages (such as C++ and Python), depending on the need.
What will I learn?
This degree plan includes study of software program design and structured programming techniques, since programmers have begun to assume some of the responsibilities that were once performed only by software engineers: some computer programmers now assist software engineers in identifying user needs and designing certain parts of computer programs, as well as other functions.
What can I do with this course of study?
What's special about program?
- Computer Programmer, A.A.S. ♦
- Computer Programming Intermediate, Level II Certificate
- C++ Programming Skills, Occupational Skills Award ♦
- Java Programming Skills, Occupational Skills Award ♦
- Visual Basic.NET Programming, Occupational Skills Award ♦
- Web Programming, Occupational Skills Award ♦
♦ This symbol indicates the offering is also available fully online.
| Troy Touchette,
Nail Technical Center (NTC-229)