Academic Standards Forms
Dismissal Petition Academic Probation/ Dismissal Documents
The academic dismissal petition for the 2023 - 2024 academic year is available for download below. The same petition will be used for 1st and 2nd Academic Dismissal.
Last day to submit petitions for 2022-2023:
|PART OF TERM||PRIORITY DEADLINE||FINAL DEADLINE|
|Fall 2023 16-week||Friday, July 28, 2023||Saturday, August 5, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Start II||Saturday, August 5, 2023||Saturday, August 19, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Flex II||Wednesday, October 4, 2023||Wednesday, October 11, 2023|
|Spring 2024 16-week||Friday, December 1, 2023||Saturday, January 6, 2024|
|Spring 2024 Start II||Saturday, January 13, 2024||Saturday, January 20, 2024|
|Spring 2024 Flex II||Friday, February 23, 2024||Sunday, March 3, 2024|
- Petitioners will use the 2023-2024 Petition Packet Below.
- Keep in mind that summer enrollment is not guaranteed.
- In order to have your summer petition considered, students must submit their petition 2 weeks prior to the summer term.
Three-week Sessions: The "Wintermester" session, which is a part of the spring semester, and "Maymester" session, which is a part of the summer session, are not options for students on Academic Dismissal.
|16-week and Start I||See advisor|
|Flex I||See advisor|
|Flex II||See advisor|
The petition will need to be downloaded and saved to your computer to be completed. All parts of the dismissal petition are required to be typed, not hand written.
For 1st and 2nd dismissals: Please print out and submit completed, typed dismissal petition along with the required reflection statement to your Advising Institute. Please allow 3 to 7 business days for a decision email from either an Advising Team Lead or Certified Advisor. Students who submit an incomplete petition packet (including typed reflection statement) will be asked to return with the completed packet.
For 3rd or permanent dismissal students: Petitions are reviewed by committee. Please submit your completed petition along with the required reflection statement by emailing Ms. Isabel Castañeda at email@example.com.
If you are on Continued Academic Probation following an Academic Dismissal:
- You are required to:
- Meet with your assigned advisor for a midterm progress review
- Submit a Progress Report to your advisor. This should be submitted halfway through the semester (between weeks 6 and 8).
- Students must submit a Progress Report to be eligible for early registration. A Progress Report must be turned in prior to the start of registration for the following semester.
- Progress Reports will not be accepted after registration begins.
- Students who have not turned in the required Progress Report, prior to the start of registration, will not be eligible to register until final grades have been posted.
You will need an Adobe Acrobat Reader for these forms. Download free version here