Outstanding Former Students

David Ochoa Cadena, SPC Alum

David Ochoa Cadena, SPC Alum

St. Philip’s College alumnus David Cadena visited his first college to share news that he is the recipient of a $130,000 fellowship, graduating from UTSA. Always giving back, the college’s former Homecoming King and star STEM student took time to go on the record with the aspiration of inspiring others to pursue similar A-Plus STEM journeys.

Katrina King, SPC Alum

Katrina King, SPC Alum

“God willing, I will graduate summa cum laude and I will have my 4.0 when I transfer to a university,” King said. “I am waiting to hear from Trinity University, which is my number one choice. I have been accepted to University of the Incarnate Word and St. Mary's University. Trinity is the number eight business school in the country, according to Forbes. I'd like to own my own allergy-free vegan option bakery as an entrepreneur. I am a business administration student who previously completed a culinary arts program of study. I grew up baking with my grandmother, and now I'm obtaining the business skill,” said King.

Mark Pantoja, SPC ECHS Alum

Mark Pantoja, SPC ECHS Alum

By accepting admission to a summer academy at one of the three oldest engineering schools in America, the Davis Middle School alumnus went far from San Antonio to attend the Engineering Summer Academy at Penn in Computer Science on the campus of The University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia in 2017. Pantoja was not just a valedictorian speaker for his high school graduation. Pantoja was also the valedictorian of the first class to graduate from St. Philip’s College Early College High School with San Antonio Independent School District.

Triniti Armstrong, SPC ECHS Alum

Triniti Armstrong, SPC ECHS Alum

St. Philip’s College alumnus David Cadena visited his first college to share news that he is the recipient of a $130,000 fellowship, graduating from UTSA. Always giving back, the college’s former Homecoming King and star STEM student took time to go on the record with the aspiration of inspiring others to pursue similar A-Plus STEM journeys.