Student Health Center
About the SPC Student Health Centers
The SPC Student Health Centers will inspire and motivate the diverse community we serve, to take responsibility for improving their health, quality of life, and life expectancy, by educating and promoting preventive health measures that will bring heightened awareness to better health-seeking behaviors and habits.
The SPC Student Health Centers are staffed with professional and licensed nurses. We are here for you.
The following services are provided by the SPC Student Health Centers:
- Wellness services to include blood pressure, heart rate, weight, and general health monitoring
- Medical care is provided by administering emergency first aid and treatment for minor illnesses and injuries.
- Activities are coordinated to promote health awareness (e.g., health fairs, blood drives, flu shots, vision, glaucoma, diabetes, hypertension screening, and men & women's health.
- Students and employees are referred to their family physician, or community agency, which may provide services not available on campus.
- Information is disseminated to students and employees on a variety of health topics (e.g., birth control, pregnancy, diabetes, medications, emotional issues, and good hygiene and general health habits).
- A Lactation area is available at both Health Centers.
- Emergency personal needs items are provided free of charge.
- Basic over-the-counter medications.
Wellness 360 Health Clinic
Telehealth services provided through a partnership between the Alamo Colleges District and UT Health San Antonio’s Wellness 360 program have resumed for the Fall 2021 semester.
Through Wellness 360 at the Alamo Colleges District, you can set up telehealth services and visit with a medical professional from the comfort of your home. Appointments must be scheduled by calling 210-485-0571, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Same-day appointments are often available. Please have your Banner ID ready when you call so that we may verify that you are a currently enrolled student at one of the Alamo Colleges and eligible for the program.
The service provides basic care including treatments for:
- Sore throats
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Sinus infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Nutrition counseling
- Other minor health issues
- Referrals provided for students with more serious medical issues
Don’t have insurance? No problem. We will provide this service both to students with insurance and those who are uninsured. The Alamo Colleges is committed to working with students who may have a financial barrier limiting their access to medical care. Students must first call 210-485-0571 to set up their appointment and receive financial assistance. For more information, visit alamo.edu/wellness360.
- University Health System/San Antonio
Counseling Resource Center
Professional counseling is available with a licensed professional counselor. We help students with decision-making, personal and career growth, as well as academic success.
Disability Services is determined to provide academic support to eligible students. We ensure our students have access to the latest information and technologies.
SPC Health Centers
Emergency Phone Numbers