STEM Building Ground Breaking
Groundbreaking Ceremony for the new Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM) Building at Northeast Lakeview College
Northeast Lakeview College is the newest of the five Alamo Colleges. Established in 2007, NLC serves more than 6,500 students in northeast San Antonio, Bexar, Comal, and Guadalupe Counties. The new STEM building will be the college’s tenth facility. The 86,390 sq. ft facility will be home to classrooms and labs for physics, chemistry, etc. study spaces, academic support, and a 3rd-floor multipurpose room with the ability to host large events. The facility will also provide space so that NLC can expand its career and technical programs.
- Architect: Ford, Powell & Carson
- CMAR: Turner Construction Co.
- GMP: $36,162,898
- Building Square Footage: 86,390 sf (3 stories)
- Classrooms and Labs: 10 General, 4 Computer, Engineering, 1 Multifunction Room. Labs: Geology, Physics, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Technical
- Construction Start: September 2020
- Target Top Out: June 2021
- Target Substantial Completion: August 2022
- Academic Term Opening: Fall 2022