The SAC Empowerment Center offers comprehensive educational supportive and retention services in a one-stop environment for both students and the community.
Services are provided for women and non-traditional students including single parents, displaced homemakers, first-generation college students, residents of public housing, dislocated workers, and other individuals needing support to succeed in a college environment.
A wide range of services are offered to students on the departments caseload including academic advisement, childcare referrals, parenting support programs, workshops, educational re-entry services, community resource referrals, leadership development programs for women, scholarship resources, GED services, outreach conferences and other special programming.
Empowerment Center Office Hours:
Monday-Thursday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Empowerment Center will re-open at 10 and will close at 6:00 pm. Thursday, February 2nd
We have staff ready to assist you with general questions in a live virtual Zoom Room.
Tuesday 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Click for Zoom Room or https://alamo.zoom.us/j/819330099
January 28th 9-1 Empowerment Center
February 4th 9-1 Empowerment Center
Our department is the recipient of the following local, state, and national awards:
- 2015 NACADA Outstanding Institutional Advising Program Award
- 2015 Finalist, Excelencia in Education Award
- 2014 STAR Award, Texas Coordinating Board – GED to College Transition Program
- 2007 STAR Award - Texas Coordinating Board – Parent Child Program
- 2006 Model Program Award, American Association of Women In Higher Education
- 2003 Alamo Workforce Development Board Award for Excellence Through Innovation