The SAC Empowerment Center offers comprehensive educational supportive and retention services in a one-stop environment for both students and the community.
Services are provided for women and non-traditional students including single parents, displaced homemakers, first-generation college students, residents of public housing, dislocated workers, and other individuals needing support to succeed in a college environment.
A wide range of services are offered to students on the departments caseload including academic advisement, childcare referrals, parenting support programs, workshops, educational re-entry services, community resource referrals, leadership development programs for women, scholarship resources, GED services, outreach conferences and other special programming.
Empowerment Center Services are available:
Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Appointments with advisors are strongly encouraged via Navigate
Fall Virtual Drop-In Hours:
Tuesday 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
1st Saturday of the Month
9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (last sign in 12:30)
“Zoom is FREE & SAFE! Download the app below on your Android, smartphone, or tablet.
If working on your laptop or computer, join from your browser.”
Our department is the recipient of the following local, state, and national awards:
- 2015 NACADA Outstanding Institutional Advising Program Award
- 2015 Finalist, Excelencia in Education Award
- 2014 STAR Award, Texas Coordinating Board – GED to College Transition Program
- 2007 STAR Award - Texas Coordinating Board – Parent Child Program
- 2006 Model Program Award, American Association of Women In Higher Education
- 2003 Alamo Workforce Development Board Award for Excellence Through Innovation