SAC SCORES Spring 2021
The primary goal of SAC SCORES was to do a comprehensive internal evaluation of where the college was in regard to integrated strategic planning efforts. This data day was so successful that the college decided to have SAC SCORES during Fall convocation week and Spring semesters.
All faculty, staff, chairs, department directors and administrators participated in this interactive activity.
Spring 2021 SAC SCORES: Monitoring & Improving Operational Outcomes
Friday, February 12, 2021 Recordings - SAC Scores Prep Day: Review of tasks/deliverables
- Student Success & College Services (Coordinators/Directors/Leads)
- Academic Success (Chairs/Coordinators/DARs)
SAC SCORES PREPARATION BY AREA (Click boxes to expand)
What is SAC Scores?
The primary goal of SAC Scores is to complete a comprehensive internal evaluation of where San Antonio College is in regard to integrated strategic planning. SAC Scores Day is an opportunity to assess all Student Success, Academic Success, and College Services units and plan strategies for continuous improvement in institutional assessment.
What is my role on SAC Scores Day?
Every San Antonio College employee should participate in SAC Scores. Prepare in advance by meeting with your supervisor to determine your specific responsibilities and deliverables for the day. Attend unit discussions and actively collaborate with your team members. Participate enthusiastically in all sessions, remember your goal is to reflect back on your accomplishments and chart a course for the future. Most importantly, be yourself. If you succeed - your team succeeds. If your team succeeds our students succeed!
Why do we have SAC Scores?
Faculty and Staff find themselves asking, “Why should we assess our units?” The answer is twofold: 1) accountability, and 2) to improve unit outcomes. While assessing our units is a requirement of our accreditors and stakeholders, it is not the only reason we are committed to assessing our units at SAC. The college is committed to continuous improvement through the use of the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) model to improve Student Success. When every unit is successful - our students are successful.
How can my Department/Unit use the day?
Faculty and Staff begin the day by attending the general session (see schedule). After attending the general session individuals should report to their unit to participate in scheduled events. SAC Scores deliverables are due by the close of business.
Student Success Units – should assess strategic planning, key performance indicators (KPIs) as directed by the divisional dean, and student success learning outcomes.
Academic Success Units – should assess strategic planning, key performance indicators (KPIs) as directed by the divisional dean, and student learning outcomes.
College Services Units – should assess strategic planning, and key performance indicators (KPIs) as directed by the divisional dean.
Who coordinates data collection on SAC Scores Day?
SAC Scores Day is coordinated by the Office of Integrated Planning and Performance Excellence or IPPE. Strategic Planning data is supported by the Coordinator for Strategic Planning, Ester Coronado (email@example.com), KPI data is supported by the Director of Institutional Research Dr. Savithra Eratne (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Student Learning Outcomes data is supported by the Coordinator for Learning Assessment, Rosalind Ong (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Additionally, your supervisor should be able to provide you with a number of Unit Level resources.
Strategic Planning Leads
- (Downloads to your computer) Strategic Plan
- (Download & Save to your computer) Strategic Planning Outcomes Analysis
- San Antonio College 2019-2022 Strategic Plan
- Strategic Planning Terms
- Completing the Strategic Plan Template
- Rubric-Strategic Plan Evaluation
- Use of Data Faculty Form will be emailed to Faculty Members (one per course taught). (MUST download, save and open in Acrobat Adobe)
- Use of Data Rubric Form will be emailed to Faculty Members (one per rubric or program). (MUST download, save and open in Acrobat Adobe)
- Use of Data Program Form
Non-Academic Staff (Download)
- Arts & Sciences Disciplines
- (Download & Save to your computer) A&S - Learning Assessment Reflection – Academic Success Form
- Video Support: Guide to completing the A&S Learning Assessment Reflection - Academic Success
- REPORT RESOURCES
- Career Technical Education / Professional Technical Education Disciplines
- (Download & Save to your computer) CTE/PTE -Learning Assessment Reflection – Academic Success Form
- Video Support: Guide to completing the CTE/PTE Learning Assessment Reflection - Academic Success
- REPORT RESOURCES
- SLO Marketable Skills Report by RUBRIC
- PSLO Report
- Generating the SLO Performance By Dept., Course, CSLO Report
- Faculty (Full-time/Part-time/Adjunct) - Quick Guide: Generate an SLO by Term Report
Academic Success Chairs
Review the forms your areas uploaded to the SAC Scores website to ensure completion. Follow up with any area whose forms were incomplete or not submitted.
Student Success Lead
- (Download & Save to your computer) Learning Assessment Reflection – Student Success Form
- Video Support: SAC Scores Spring 2021 - Student Success- Learning Assessment Form - Task 1 and 2 Support
- Video Support: SAC Scores Spring 2021 - Student Success - Learning Assessment Form Overview
- REPORT RESOURCES
- SSLO by Area Report
- SSLO Division Report
- Generating the SSLO Performance By Dept., Course, CSLO Report
- Loading Assessments in eLumen (All departments)
- Scoring Assessments in eLumen (All departments that report for Fall 2020)
- Student Success Backward Design Document
Student Success Liaisons
Review the “Learning Assessment Reflection” form uploaded to the SAC Scores website. Ensure all units have submitted a COMPLETE form. Follow-up with any area whose forms are incomplete or require action plans, submit review.
- Access site and Review files submitted at: https://sacweb01.sac.alamo.edu/sac/eScores/scores.aspx
- Directions for uploading files to the SAC Scores File Site