TRIO STEM Student Support Services
What is TRIO-Student Support Services?
TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS) is a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education to help students develop the skills and motivation necessary to successfully pursue and earn a bachelor’s degree. We serve 120 STEM and Health Science majors that attend San Antonio College.
The Student Support Services STEM and Health Sciences provide individualized counseling for personal, career, and academic information. STEM SSS host various workshops and activities designed to acquaint students with career options; exposure to cultural events and academic programs not usually available.
- Individualized Guidance: One-on-one assistance to help students make a smooth transition to college, develop goals and create an Individual Success Plan.
- Tutoring: Academic coaching, access to weekly tutoring appointments and assistance with reading and writing.
- Academic Coaching: To enhance the services of your academic advisor. Assistance navigating the systems of higher education and translating some of the lingo!
- Workshops: Informational sessions offered on time management, note taking, living on your own, financing your education, tax preparation, resume writing and other life skills.
- Financial Coaching: Assistance in applying for financial aid (FAFSA), scholarship searches, and financial life skills including creating a budget, managing credit and debt and understanding personal finances.
- Career and Academic Guidance: Academic mentoring including career and educational planning, graduate school tours, career development assistance and resume building.
- Resources: Access to computers, calculators, textbooks, reference materials and work space. Located in Oppenheimer (OC) room. 217
- Scholarships & Grants: A variety of scholarships are available specifically for students in Alamo Colleges and external scholarships we will help you apply and search for these types of grants.
- Cultural Events: Free tickets to cultural events and trips that will broaden your horizons and enrich your life experiences.
- Peer Mentorship: Peer mentors provide a leadership perspective on how to navigate the campus. Through shared experiences, peer mentors will guide you to academic and personal success on the SAC Campus.
- Campus Connections: A place to feel connected with others and the San Antonio College community.
All Student Support Services are FREE to students selected to participate.