Graduation Eligibility and Graduation Steps
Students should only apply for graduation when they are completing their final semester. Students must apply and meet all stated graduation application requirements by the graduation deadlines.
In order to graduate from SAC, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better in all coursework taken at San Antonio College, including courses successfully completed at other institutions which apply to the student's degree.
- Complete all required courses for the degree or certificate for which they are applying.
- Maintain a status of "Good Academic Standing" through the end of the final semester at SAC.
- Complete the requirements of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI), if applicable.
- Complete a minimum of 25% of coursework at San Antonio College.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all previous colleges attended. (Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail via USPS to San Antonio College Welcome Center 1318 N. Main Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78212)
- Complete the online Graduation Application on ACES and submit the Graduation Packet to your Academic Advisor.
- A separate graduation application is required for each degree/certificate.
Note: Click on Step #2 for more infor on Cap & Gown Pick-up
Students who are eligible and ready to graduate should follow the graduation steps listed below.
*For questions, email email@example.com.
Meet with your department or institute advisor to complete the SAC Graduation Packet. When you meet with an advisor, you will also be instructed to complete the online ACES graduation application.
The Graduation Packet includes:
- Graduation Application
- Degree audit completed by an advisor.
Note: Be sure to complete Step 1 by the stated deadline.
Please visit the Commencement Ceremony website for more information. Click here
Please visit the Commencement Ceremony website for more information. Click here.
Degrees/Certificates are posted to the student account in ACES 30 days after the end of the semester. If you are expecting to receive an award, check your ACES account at that time.
Diplomas will be mailed approximately 60 days after the end of the semester.
Fall Graduates: mid-February
Spring Graduates: early-August
Summer Graduates: mid-October
To be certain your degree has been posted, please check your unofficial transcripts through ACES. If degree has been posted, you can order your transcripts by visiting the transcript ordering service page here.