St. Philip's College Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP)
SPC has developed a QEP plan that identifies and targets for improvement a key aspect of our students’ educational experience responding to SACSCOC Core Requirement 2.12 and SACSCOC Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2.
Core Requirement 2.12 requires, among other things, an institution to develop a plan for increasing the effectiveness of some aspect of its educational program relating to student learning and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution.
Comprehensive Standard 3.3.2 mandates that the institution demonstrate institutional capability for completion of the QEP, involve institutional constituencies in both planning and implementation of the QEP, and establish goals an an assessment plan. These requirements launch a process that can move an institution into a future characterized by the development and/or modification of creative, engaging, and meaningful learning experiences for students.
The final QEP will 1) embody an institutional process for identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment, 2) identify a significant issue that focuses on learning outcomes and/or environment supporting student learning and accomplish the College mission, 3) show evidence of institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the Plan, 4) include broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies and 5) identify goals and a plan to assess the achievement of those goals.
As part of our commitment to student success, St. Philip's College has been developing a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) focused on promoting ETHICAL DECISION MAKING to enhance student learning outcomes.
The final QEP: Ethical Decision-Making Proposal has been submitted for approval.
- Appendix A College Context Map
- Appendix B 2014-2018 Strategic Plan
- Appendix C 2014-2018 Strategic Plan (2015 version)
- Appendix D Planning, Budget & Assessment Cycle
- Appendix E Ethical Decision-Making/Personal Responsibility Assessment Rubric (SPC Core Objectives Rubric)
- Appendix F Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Detailed Methodology
- Appendix G 12 Potential Topics
- Appendix H Sample QEP Steering Committee Agenda/Minutes
- Appendix I Topic Selection Survey
- Appendix J SPC Organizational Chart
- Appendix K QEP Framework/Overview
- Appendix L Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Survey
- Appendix M QEP Faculty/Staff Retreat Agenda
- Appendix N QEP Faculty Workshop Agenda
- Appendix O QEP Student Assignment Evaluation
- Appendix P Sample QEP Core Team Agenda/Minutes
- Appendix Q Sample QEP Implementation Team Agenda/Minutes
- Appendix R QEP External Constituent/Alumni Survey
- Appendix S Sample Syllabus with QEP Focus Statement
- Appendix T SPC College Scoreboard